Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That would be fine short term but we need a long term solution to these mods we are buying up. At some point they need to be recycled and that takes informed people.

I Feel the Same Way when I'm standing in line at Walgreens and see all those Disposable e-Cigarettes behind the counter.

KatlandKat

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2012
Vancouver Island BC Canada
I Feel the Same Way when I'm standing in line at Walgreens and see all those Disposable e-Cigarettes behind the counter.

I know ....just a matter of time before they start talking about the harm it does in landfills and that will be another thing they use against vaping. So again we need a solution before it gets used against us.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I know ....just a matter of time before they start talking about the harm it does in landfills and that will be another thing they use against vaping. So again we need a solution before it gets used against us.

There's far more things that are worse for the ecology than ecigs. Tires, fiberglass, plastic bags, motor oil, etc

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
There's far more things that are worse for the ecology than ecigs. Tires, fiberglass, plastic bags, motor oil, etc

Perhaps True.

But when the Mindset is applied that if there is Something Worse, then what we are Doing is OK, well..., that's how you get to where we are Now.

What bugs me is... larger cases don't seem to exist. I use a case that carries 6 18650 batteries, but it's plastic, and I have to use a rubber band to keep it closed.. I have Reuleaux RX Gen 3, with 3 sets of 3 married batteries. And yeah, I carry them with me. I'd love to find a sturdier carrying case that can safely carry 6 18650 batteries...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What bugs me is... larger cases don't seem to exist. I use a case that carries 6 18650 batteries, but it's plastic, and I have to use a rubber band to keep it closed.. I have Reuleaux RX Gen 3, with 3 sets of 3 married batteries. And yeah, I carry them with me. I'd love to find a sturdier carrying case that can safely carry 6 18650 batteries...

Maybe something like this?

$10.33 Authentic Solarforce V2 Battery Protective Case - for AA / CR123A / 16340 / RCR123A / 18650 / 26650 battery at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Just Curious. But how much e-Liquid do you go thru in a day?

How much e-liquid? It depends on a lot of factors, to be honest. I recently got myself the Smok TFV12 Prince with 8ml capacity... I maybe fill it two to three times a day, I think? But I also always vape on the higher end of the suggested wattage because that's how I like it, and I'm more of a chain vaper than an occasional vaper. Back when I was using the TFV8 Cloud Beast, depending on the coils I was using and the wattage I was at, I could fill it nearly five times a day (though that had a smaller juice capacity, as well).

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
How much e-liquid? It depends on a lot of factors, to be honest. I recently got myself the Smok TFV12 Prince with 8ml capacity... I maybe fill it two to three times a day, I think? But I also always vape on the higher end of the suggested wattage because that's how I like it, and I'm more of a chain vaper than an occasional vaper. Back when I was using the TFV8 Cloud Beast, depending on the coils I was using and the wattage I was at, I could fill it nearly five times a day (thought that had a smaller juice capacity, as well).

Gotcha.

Because if you are needed that Many Batteries, I figured you were going thru a Lot of e-Liquid.

Gotcha.

Because if you are needed that Many Batteries, I figured you were going thru a Lot of e-Liquid.

Ah sorry. It's not that I necessarily need that many batteries. To be 100% honest, one set of batteries usually lasts me around 2 - 3 days, depending on a lot of factors. They didn't last quite as long with the TFV8 (1 - 2 days), but that's because I was using a much higher wattage. However, I'm nothing if not excessive, and so purposefully purchased more batteries than I necessarily needed. It's more of a security blanket than anything. And as such, I do like to have them on me even if I won't necessarily need them that day...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ah sorry. It's not that I necessarily need that many batteries. To be 100% honest, one set of batteries usually lasts me around 2 - 3 days, depending on a lot of factors. They didn't last quite as long with the TFV8 (1 - 2 days), but that's because I was using a much higher wattage. However, I'm nothing if not excessive, and so purposefully purchased more batteries than I necessarily needed. It's more of a security blanket than anything. And as such, I do like to have them on me even if I won't necessarily need them that day...

Nothing Wrong with having Back-Ups.

And my theory is it's Better to be Over Prepared than it is to be Under Prepared.

Nothing Wrong with having Back-Ups.

And my theory is it's Better to be Over Prepared than it is to be Under Prepared.

Agreed 100%...

I just need to find a better case for the extra batteries. I liked the one linked to above, but I also don't have great experience with shipping from Fasttech (the products have been good, but the last thing I ordered took damn near 3 months to get to me), so I'd rather somewhere that ships out of the US so I don't have to wait more than, like, seven days...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Agreed 100%...

I just need to find a better case for the extra batteries. I liked the one linked to above, but I also don't have great experience with shipping from Fasttech (the products have been good, but the last thing I ordered took damn near 3 months to get to me), so I'd rather somewhere that ships out of the US so I don't have to wait more than, like, seven days...

You can get that case on Amazon.

Solarforce V2 CR123A/16340/18650/26650 Transparent PC Plastic Battery Case - - Amazon.com

And Amazon might have others cases that you Might like better. I just used the FT Link because the Picture was better.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The best solution for what to do with mods when they quit working is simple. Buy mods that use DNA boards, when/if it quits working, buy a raw board and replace it, now the mod works again and you have much less to throw away.

For other mods, you could disassemble them, recycle the plastic bits, and take the metal to a scrap yard. It's a bit of work, but for the ecologically minded it might be worth it.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread