Battery charger only working properly when plugged into my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookybutts

Mar 17, 2020
Sorry if this is the wrong section! I didn't see anywhere else to put this that had been active in the last few months. Feel free to direct me somewhere else!

A while ago my battery charger started charging suuuuper slowly when plugged in at home, but it charges perfectly fine when plugged into a cheap lighter adapter in my car. I'm using Anker cables everywhere and have tried switching them out but nothing helps. This is such a weird problem and basically ungooglable.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sorry if this is the wrong section! I didn't see anywhere else to put this that had been active in the last few months. Feel free to direct me somewhere else!

A while ago my battery charger started charging suuuuper slowly when plugged in at home, but it charges perfectly fine when plugged into a cheap lighter adapter in my car. I'm using Anker cables everywhere and have tried switching them out but nothing helps. This is such a weird problem and basically ungooglable.

The car adapter is apparently supplying enough current to drive the charger to its intended level. If the USB wall wart you are using in the house isn't up to the job the charger will operate at a much lower power level. Take a look at the power input specs on the charger and buy a USB wall power supply that matches or exceeds the input needs on the charger itself. The charger should have input information for voltage and current on the side

Give us more info on the charger brand and model and we can guide you into a suitable solution. A USB wall wart with 6 to 8 amp output (not input) at 5vdc should drive the charger fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread