Battery chargers and charging Amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
So I learned a few things about my battery charger (like if you put a single battery in the right side slot it charges at 2 A but if you put a single battery in the left side slot it charges at 1A) Two batteries at the same time they both charge at 1A. It would be really cool if this thread could be a reference for that kind of info (specific to brand/model of charger) Or if such a thread already exists please tell me. Feel free to post any info about your charger and also any experiences with using it in different ways.
@Mooch , do you have anything on your blog about chargers? I so love your video about how to extend the life of batteries (the reason I started thinking about how to best use charger) I mis-understood the instructions and thought you had to use the right side slot to charge a single battery... turns out they meant to "quick charge" it (exactly what I didn't need to do) Any input and/or suggestions on this subject are welcome. I just became aware that many chargers can do a 0.5 A charge. My understanding is that slower is better for battery life.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    @Mooch , do you have anything on your blog about chargers? I so love your video about how to extend the life of batteries (the reason I started thinking about how to best use charger) I mis-understood the instructions and thought you had to use the right side slot to charge a single battery... turns out they meant to "quick charge" it (exactly what I didn't need to do) Any input and/or suggestions on this subject are welcome. I just became aware that many chargers can do a 0.5 A charge. My understanding is that slower is better for battery life.

You can check out my blog at any time to see what content I have. The first post, the “index”, has links to everything. I have the links to all my charger test reports but no printed blog entries for chargers.

My video on extending battery life pretty well covers everything on how to help your batteries last longer.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    My video on extending battery life pretty well covers everything on how to help your batteries last longer.
    Yes it does... great video. I had watched it and knew better but misunderstood the instructions for my charger (thought you had to use the right slot to charge a single battery) All this time I would have used the left slot for slower charge. I was not aware you did charger tests... thanks (I'll go back and see what you have)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread