Battery Door Fix - Tesal Nano 120w Steampunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
Nothing fancy. I just noticed that the bit that hooks the door in place is really (really) shallow, so the excessive play in the hinge is enough to dislodge it. I put a very tiny bead of putty along the inside of the hinge to hold it steady and so far it's worked like a charm. I had only had the mod for a week and it was dropping the batteries several times a day. It's been three days and 4 battery changes with the fix and no door popping open yet.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I did have that issue, it was on the copper model. My husband has a silver model where it's not as pronounced.

I wound up getting a silicone sleeve for mine from Amazon. It was well made and still easy to operate.

My door got better actually when I put a 4.5 ml atomizer on it. something about the added weight to the 510 pin made the door latch more securely than with a small nautilus 2 tank that I started out with. It still wasn't invincible, but it was much better.

My husband just uses his but he's the type of person who can just figure that stuff out and operate it without incident, you know "master over the world of things," LOL although his was better than mine in all fairness.

Good luck, there have been other solutions such as clear nailpolish around the edges to make it "latch" more securely, or like even a piece of electrical tape. I was pretty happy with my sleeve so that's what I used.

Good luck,

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: SlowTalker

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
Update: I ordered a backup for my Tesla and was amazed that the battery door on this one was solid as a rock. Comparing the two I was surprised to find that there was a minute defect in the casting of the one that was dropping the batteries. Right at the slant (see pic) there were tiny burs that were just large enough to keep the battery door from closing all the way. They were so small in fact that I doubted they could be the problem. I very carefully removed them with an razor knife and I've been using the mod for two days now and the fixed door is as solid as the door on the new one. The defect is on the mod, not the door itself. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• defect-tesla copy.jpg
    defect-tesla copy.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread