Battery drainage: Should I turn device off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Most PV's and APV's have a function to turn it off so the button can not be pressed by accident. Early models could be turned on and left on and it caused some unpleasant things like melted attys or worse. So if you can turn it off when not in use I'd do that. Not much trouble to turn it on if your PV doesn't have that option you can remove the battery or Atty and prevent such accidents.
I don't turn mine off except when they are in my pocket and such so it won't be firing in my pocket. But just setting on a table I don't bother. Most if not all PV's and for sure APV's have a timer shut off in case it gets pressed for too long. But it can't hurt to turn them off just to be sure. Better safe than sorry.
Welcome to ECF by the way.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
You're not alone. I don't know if it really affects battery life or performance, but after reading through the battery threads I turn my device off just in case something wants to go wrong when I'm not paying attention. I would guess that especially with mechanical mods there is no battery drain. I don't know if the electronic mods will drain the batteries or not (I have a Vamo too) when turned off. I would guess that there might be a little drain when they are turned on, even when not firing.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
If PVs are anything like cars, something may not be getting switched off completely or a small short. Most PVs have short protection but it may possibly be a bad switch or something not becoming completely disengaged from the circuit. More likely though it's a bad battery if there's nothing else to be draining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread