The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Battery Efest AW/IMR Provari Mini

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by j3suss, Aug 21, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. j3suss

j3suss Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    N/A
    Good!

I have a doubt. I cost half the price of the brand batteries efest against AW. Some people say that the batteries in ProVari efest work very well in terms of duration, others against, other people say that when they finish their term efest battery voltage is lower.
    I have to buy for my mini ProVari 18490 and do not know whether to buy Efest or AW-IMR.

What advise? Knowing that cost me half the price the efest regarding AW-IMR.

Thank you very much!:)

2. ghola1was

ghola1was Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2013
    NV USA
    I have no empirical evidence to back this up, but I feel like my AW 18350 lasts longer than my Efest 18350. Both IMR, both used in the same mod.

3. serenity21899

serenity21899 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    Antioch IL
    I have 2 Efests. They were fine at first, but not they do not hold a charge as well. I only buy AW now for my ProVaris and everything else I have. I would rather spend a bit more for better battery life.

4. Switched

Switched ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Efests start to wane after 6m, AW at the year mark. Efest are good out of the gate but lack in the stretch, where IMO the real meat and potatoes come from :)

5. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Ive been using both for a long time and I dont really notice a difference in VV mods. I do think AW batteries will last longer.

6. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Here the Deal with the Internet.

If you ask which is Better? Brand X or Brand Y. I can Guarantee that you are going to get Comments Both For and Against for Each.

So how does a Person Know what is Best for Them?

Maybe if 90 out of a 100 said something was Better, I would feel good about buying One or the Other. But Many Times it isn't so Clear Cut.

Also there is the "Restaurant Phenomenon". There is an Old Saying in Restaurants...

If you Go to a Restaurant and have a Good Meal, you will Tell a Few People.
    If you Go to a Restaurant and have a OK Meal, you Won't Tell Anyone.
    If you Go to a Restaurant and have a Bad Meal, you will Tell Everyone You Know!

So when you Read Reviews on something, do More People Write Reviews about Bad Products than they do about Good or OK Products?

I know I do.

7. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    BTW - I use AW Batteries because I'm not a Battery Expert.

People Tell me that some Panasonic Batteries are Better than AW. But some Panasonics are Not. But I can't ever seem to Remembers which are Supposed to be the Good Ones? And which are Supposed to be the Bad Ones?

And to make things Even More Complicated. AW Batteries are Supposed to be Made out of Panasonic Cells. But that Depends who you Ask.

I don't Push the Limits of a Battery with my Mods. And the AW's have Worked Great for Me going on Two Years. So Spending a Few Bucks for a Battery Isn't that big of a Deal.

8. Switched

Switched ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    As a vendor I can't comment more than what has been stated. For more info please feel free to contact me via PM.

9. loadstar

loadstar Full Member Verified Member

Jun 11, 2013
    London, ON
    I'm sure by now you've already purchased batteries but I figure I'll chime in here anyway.

From my experience, I have a whole bunch of efests and only 1 AW. I can confirm that the AW does seem to hold a charge better than it's efest counterpart but I think there are other factors at play here. 1.) GET A REALLY GOOD CHARGER! Poor chargers will wear out the batteries quicker. I highly recommend the xtar sp1. I've seen it bring dead batteries back to life. I'm personally using a nitecore intellicharger and while I like it, its no xtar. 2.) If you're buying local or even online, most vendors tend to carry efest over AW simply for the price. The vendors I can order AW's from cost me significantly more money in shipping than the vendors I can order efests from, and I can also buy efests locally. In the end, unless I'm physically in a store that gives me the option I tend to purchase efests and overall can't really complain. They work. I vape. I'm happy.

10. BernieVideo

BernieVideo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    NoHo El Lay CA
    If you read the Provapes website, you will see that they specifically recommend AW batteries. They do this at least 4 times. They do this for a reason!

Why would you want to run your expensive Provari on cheapo batteries?

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
    Join the CASAA.
    Protect your Vaping Rights!

11. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    What is the reason?

12. Tekn0ph1sh

Tekn0ph1sh Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    Florida
    The reason is that they initially designed it for that battery and are a US supplier for AW. However authorized Provari resellers have spoken with Provape and they have said the efest RED button tops are fine to use as well but only the Red ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.