Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
what I want to know is there one charger that will charge the battery I have for my Big Chuck AND a Little chuck I want to order???
I have the trustfire tr-001
but esh trying to keep up with a zillion battery chargers will drive me nuts..

Thanks

the tr-001 is a multi functional charger. If you read the back label it tells you all the batteries it will work with, if your eyes are good enough to read that small print :blink:

grabeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Just outside my comfort zone.
Hey Drozd, do you know where to find the AW 18650 batteries at a decent price?

I'm really not trying to confuse you....
there's a bit more to it than just whether they're LiMN...IMR whatever....
it comes down to battery capability and quality....
The BDL batteries while yes they are LiMN have a lower max drain rating than the AW batteries...
so what right?
well in the case of the 14500 size the max drain puts the amp draw right at the threshold of being overstressed given the right circumstances (ie a 1.5Ω LR atty)..... in this case you're using essentially an unprotected battery.... the chemistry isn't going to protect from overstress and overdrain in this case just the fact that isn't going to vent with flames....

the quote : "the only reason I can understand them being called IMR at all is because..." comes in and was specifically in reference to the 10440 size... it's really pointless since the mAh rating and the C rating are too low to overcome the drain we're putting on them in our aplications...they arent going to provide the power difference of a "real" high drain battery so they're only slightly better than an unprotected Li-Ion...

for me part of the safety of LiMN batteries is that they can provide the amp draw that our atties are asking for without being overstressed and overdrained which would push them harder toward a state of failure....combined with that safer chemistry (not venting with flames and higher temperature stability)...

if you make a LiMN that is that safer chemistry but still can't handle the amp draw without being stressed (which is exactly what BDL did).... then it's almost as bad as a nonprotected battery...

yeah COV carries less expensive IMR batteries....the BDL ones.... and their max drain rate is also much less than the AW ones...

Chelseafn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Michigan
That battery charger isnt that good. Mine hasnt worked right since I bought it. It only chrarges on the left side. but I dont mind because I only need it to charge one batt at a time. Im looking into getting something else. But I bought the 18350 1200 mahs for my little Chuck and they rock!!!! Last almost 2 days of heavy vaping.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
But I bought the 18350 1200 mahs for my little Chuck and they rock!!!! Last almost 2 days of heavy vaping.
If the 18350 is lasting almost 2 days, it isn't what I'd call "heavy vaping." I change mine at least once a day and sometimes I need one more change at the end of the day.

grabeard, I assume you mean the LiMN one.
Lighthound for $10.50 (minus 2% with cpf discount code=$10.71)

Clouds of Vaporp $12.49 (minus 10% with bigbuyer discount code = $11.24)

from the manufacturer in the Candlepower Forum $9.50.

Don't forget to factor in shipping charges.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
That could be it.

Compared to stock 510 batteries, 16340s are great. But the 18350s beat them cold. I keep one 16340 in the bedroom in case I need to change batts and I don't want to go into the living room and wake up the animules. And one's in my purse in case I'm out of the house for longer than I thought. They're good emergency back-ups.

I don't know how much liquid I use.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Hey Drozd, do you know where to find the AW 18650 batteries at a decent price?

there's a couple different ones:
the AW 2600 mAh ones (which are flat tops so may not work in all devices)
the AW 2200 mAh ones (which are a regular button top)
the new AW 2900 mAh ones (which are a new battery chemisty, LiNiCoO2, which are ultra light and have a slightly higher discharge rate....but are 3.6V as opposed to 3.7V)
and then the LiMN ones (which really are overkill in the 18650 size)

Lighthound has all of them (and a 2% discount with the coupon code cpf)
superT has the 2600 at the same price with better shipping....
cheapest is probably direct from the AW guy through his sales thread on CPF (but shipping takes a little longer since they're coming from hong Kong)
AW's LiIon Batteries Sales Thread *Part 12* - CPFMarketPlace

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
That battery charger isnt that good. Mine hasnt worked right since I bought it. It only chrarges on the left side. but I dont mind because I only need it to charge one batt at a time. Im looking into getting something else. But I bought the 18350 1200 mahs for my little Chuck and they rock!!!! Last almost 2 days of heavy vaping.

The tr-001 charger? I've had mine for a couple of months and haven't had any problems with it. Now that I say that tho it'll prolly chit the bed on me lol

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
a pila charger is probably the best cheaper charger you're gonna find....but you're gonna pay for it it's not that cheap.. Pila IBC Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger
that being said I find that the WF-139 works well as far as a cheaper charger goes...
Ultrafire WF-139 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger

of course that only charges 3.7V batteries...you'd still need a charger like this: Ultrafire 3.6 volt or 3 volt RCR123 Lithium Battery Charger if you're running 3V cr123 batteries, something with a selectable switch or a dedicated 3V charger

MachoKing

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Missouri
Ok. So I'm a newb to all of this battery stuff and I freely admit it. I think I've made a big mistake. I've ordered several of these batteries and have been vaping with two of them for a few weeks now.

Ultrafire Protected 16340/CR123 Li-Ion, 3.7v, 880mah

I know my math is bad but for some reason I thought I was vaping at 6v. Today I got a multimeter and it tells me that I'm vaping at 8.4v. I see no mention of vaping at 8 volts anywhere in this thread. Am I going to die? It takes a few days for me to burn up a good carto or atty and it tastes good and all that. Is there any reason I should discontinue using these batteries? After reading through this thread I plan on ordering some of these.

AW LiFePO4 3 Volt Lithium Rechargeable Battery

I imagine that since I've not heard of anyone vaping at 8.4, it's probably bad somehow.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Ok. So I'm a newb to all of this battery stuff and I freely admit it. I think I've made a big mistake. I've ordered several of these batteries and have been vaping with two of them for a few weeks now.

Ultrafire Protected 16340/CR123 Li-Ion, 3.7v, 880mah

I know my math is bad but for some reason I thought I was vaping at 6v. Today I got a multimeter and it tells me that I'm vaping at 8.4v. I see no mention of vaping at 8 volts anywhere in this thread. Am I going to die? It takes a few days for me to burn up a good carto or atty and it tastes good and all that. Is there any reason I should discontinue using these batteries? After reading through this thread I plan on ordering some of these.

AW LiFePO4 3 Volt Lithium Rechargeable Battery

I imagine that since I've not heard of anyone vaping at 8.4, it's probably bad somehow.

nah it's not bad...it just kinda goes on without being talked about... you hear 6V and 7.4V....
but in all reality those are based on the batteries nominal voltages...
a 3V battery will charge to about 3.6V...so fresh off the charger stacked 6V is realistically 7.2V.....
and 3.7V batteries charge to about 4.2V...so fresh off the charger and stacked 7.4V is realistically 8.4V....

but under load they'll relatively quickly drop into their nominal voltages ...expecially if you're using batteries that can't realistically keep up with the amp draw due to their drain rate...

thebat1

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
a pila charger is probably the best cheaper charger you're gonna find....but you're gonna pay for it it's not that cheap.. Pila IBC Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger

OUCH No kidding....

that being said I find that the WF-139 works well as far as a cheaper charger goes...
Ultrafire WF-139 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger

of course that only charges 3.7V batteries...you'd still need a charger like this: Ultrafire 3.6 volt or 3 volt RCR123 Lithium Battery Charger if you're running 3V cr123 batteries, something with a selectable switch or a dedicated 3V charger

And these options leaves me in the same boat To many chargers and More STUFF... Bummer...

thanks for the info I appreciate all the help this forum always is happy to give....

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
In addition to keeping my stock 510, Mega 510 and 801 batteries around (with chargers), I have the AG-126 for my 18350s and the Ultrafire 3.6 volt or 3 volt that Drozd linked to.

I own extra cartos, batteries, liquid... If a charger dies, I can still vape while waiting for a replacement to arrive in the mail. But my favorites are the 18350s so that charger gets the most workout.

thebat1

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Dumb question...which end of the battery touches the cap coil? + or -? My chucks working either way but wondered if it mattered how the batts inserted.

Hmmm sorry I dont know the answer other than I know I put my ONE battery in my big chuck with the + part heading up to the atty top of my chuck.. flat side to the spring....

Can anyone tell me if Rechargeable Batteries & Battery Chargers - RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery will work in my big chuck for 6.0 vaping? I am paranoid I still don't know if I am getting the correct ones in all my searching for the best price...
the first post says..6V - 2x RCR123 doesn't say anything about the A part...if this is not the right ones.. does anyone know of the best place to get the most mAh on the battery that IS right for me? I have never tried it so hate to keep spending money I dont have to try something that may be the wrong thing...

Thanks everyone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread