Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Hmmm sorry I dont know the answer other than I know I put my ONE battery in my big chuck with the + part heading up to the atty top of my chuck.. flat side to the spring....

Can anyone tell me if Rechargeable Batteries & Battery Chargers - RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery will work in my big chuck for 6.0 vaping? I am paranoid I still don't know if I am getting the correct ones in all my searching for the best price...
the first post says..6V - 2x RCR123 doesn't say anything about the A part...if this is not the right ones.. does anyone know of the best place to get the most mAh on the battery that IS right for me? I have never tried it so hate to keep spending money I dont have to try something that may be the wrong thing...

Thanks everyone..

CR123, CR123a, RCR123a, and 16340 are all the same size...
those will work yes...several people use them and they're cheap...

*do I like them? or would I use them?....never...
why? because of this line right here from the specs:
•Maximum discharging rate:< 550 mA

that's just .55A max discharge rate.... even a 4.5Ω HV atty has an amp draw at 6V of 1.33A and it gets worse the further down in resistance you go...all the way to 2.61A with a joye 510
What's that mean in regular english?
it means that the batteries are going to be overstressed which is going to kill the # of times you can recharge them as well as kill their capacity over time as well....and you're going to get voltage sag...so that 6V really won't be 6V...
I'd use the AW 16340 LiFePo4...which has a max discharge of 5A.....more than sufficient to actually get that 6V with whatever atty you're using : AW LiFePO4 3 Volt Lithium Rechargeable Battery .... and yes they are more expensive....but a better battery

thebat1

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
CR123, CR123a, RCR123a, and 16340 are all the same size...
those will work yes...several people use them and they're cheap...

*do I like them? or would I use them?....never...
why? because of this line right here from the specs:
•Maximum discharging rate:< 550 mA

that's just .55A max discharge rate.... even a 4.5Ω HV atty has an amp draw at 6V of 1.33A and it gets worse the further down in resistance you go...all the way to 2.61A with a joye 510
What's that mean in regular english?
it means that the batteries are going to be overstressed which is going to kill the # of times you can recharge them as well as kill their capacity over time as well....and you're going to get voltage sag...so that 6V really won't be 6V...
I'd use the AW 16340 LiFePo4...which has a max discharge of 5A.....more than sufficient to actually get that 6V with whatever atty you're using : AW LiFePO4 3 Volt Lithium Rechargeable Battery .... and yes they are more expensive....but a better battery

Thank you very much exactly what I was wanting to know.. I dont mind spending more if I know what I am doing it for. Thanks again...

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I have a battery charger question. I usually buy from lighthound. I have two different chargers for my big chuck. One is an ultrafire that chargers my 18650 3.7V and my little chuck 3.7V when spacers are used. The other one is an ultrafire strictly for 123 that allow me to charge at 3.0 or 3.7.

What I need to know is this. Is there one charger that can charge the 18650 3.7 and the 123 3.0V batteries?

I have a person looking to get a chuck and she'll go with a regular size but I'd like to see if there is such a thing so she can keep both vaping options without having to go to the expense of buying two chargers.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I have a battery charger question. I usually buy from lighthound. I have two different chargers for my big chuck. One is an ultrafire that chargers my 18650 3.7V and my little chuck 3.7V when spacers are used. The other one is an ultrafire strictly for 123 that allow me to charge at 3.0 or 3.7.

What I need to know is this. Is there one charger that can charge the 18650 3.7 and the 123 3.0V batteries?

I have a person looking to get a chuck and she'll go with a regular size but I'd like to see if there is such a thing so she can keep both vaping options without having to go to the expense of buying two chargers.

well technically there is...but the cheapest ones start at around $230 for that option and doesnt come with leads (you have to make them) called Schulze ISL 330D
other than that the ultrafire WF-138A and wf-139 is your cheapest and easiest option
(I think safest too as one is dedicated solely to 3V with the switch and the likelyhood of "I just finished charging some 18650s and forgot to switch the voltage output when I put my 3.0V CR123a on the charger" doesn't happen)

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
What type of charger are you using? I have a crap charger that takes forever, I bought it on a clearance, never cared for it nor do I trust it unattended.

If drained down to almost nothing, yeah, four hours is about what it takes. I never really timed them. I use my batts for a day or two then throw them in the charger overnight, take them out in the morning. I like my ultrafire charger. Absolutely no complaints and all my batts seem to be holding up great. They stay just as charged six months latter as the day I got them.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Lighthound If you go back some pages all the direct links for them are listed for the batts and chargers. Poeia also has a coupon code that is listed in this thread, not a big discount but it is something. I've ordered from them several times. Lightening fast shipping and my batts are still as good as they day I got them.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
3.7v RCR123A Were would I find those batteries? And the charger for them, can you send a link?
Thank you

Lighthound If you go back some pages all the direct links for them are listed for the batts and chargers. Poeia also has a coupon code that is listed in this thread, not a big discount but it is something. I've ordered from them several times. Lightening fast shipping and my batts are still as good as they day I got them.

the coupon code is CPF and it's like for 2%...

if you're running single 3.7V RCR123A (they're the same thing as 16340 batteries) I'd highly suggest the AW IMR 3.7V 16340 LiMN batteries from lighthound: AW IMR16340 550 mAh IMR CR123 size LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
Read the whole thread. whew ;)

Still confused.

Should I get this:
AW 18650 Protected 2600 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery
or this:
AW 18650 Protected 2900 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery

and will 2 of these get me to 6V:
AW RCR123a Protected 750 mAh Battery

and for chargers. Will this charge all of the above batteries with no need for a spacer:
Ultrafire WF-188 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger

And is the price of these really worth it when compared to the mad vapes batteries?

thanks a ton!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Read the whole thread. whew ;)

Still confused.

Should I get this:
AW 18650 Protected 2600 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery

this one has no button on the positive end....it's a flat top....some mods may not be able to use it...check with the manufacturer....

this one is a newer chemistry....the battery itself is lighter.... it's 3.6V versus 3.7V though...don't know if that is a big deal to you or not...

and will 2 of these get me to 6V:
AW RCR123a Protected 750 mAh Battery

not quite those will take you to 7.4V ....and are kinda underpowered for that...
for 6V you'd want these: AW LiFePO4 3 Volt Lithium Rechargeable Battery
and the correct charger for them: Ultrafire 3.6 volt or 3 volt RCR123 Lithium Battery Charger (on the 3V setting)

and for chargers. Will this charge all of the above batteries with no need for a spacer:
Ultrafire WF-188 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger

And is the price of these really worth it when compared to the mad vapes batteries?

thanks a ton!

as for that charger it's a newer charger I really havent seen much on them....technically it should work for both types of batteries if you set BOTH switches to the lower setting for the 3V LiFePo4 (since they're 3.2V realistically)...

As for are they worth it...the QC on the AW batteries is much better... but at the 18650 size of battery they're about equal if you're comparing the Ultrafire 3000mAh to the AW 2200mAh ....
but when it comes to the CR123a (16340 size) neither regular Li-Ion really cuts it... just the AW LiFePo4 for stacking to 6V, or the AW IMR ( AW IMR16340 550 mAh IMR CR123 size LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery ) for stacking to 7.4V

Last edited:

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Is the part of the quote that isn't me part of your answer?

So should I get the 2200 mah that you mentioned?
AW 18650 Protected 2200 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery

Is that the best choice? I'm confused because when it came to the eGo, 520 etc it seemed that mah was everything and with the Chuck it seems that isn't really as big of an issue.

yes part of my answers are in your quote I forgot to break it up...I'll go back and edit and fix that..

really in the 18650 size they're all sufficient just that Ultrafire is known to have lower QC and be overly generous in their mAh (the 3000mAh one rates more in at the 2200 to 2400mAh range) and the trustfire 2400mAh is a total crapshoot on whether you're going to get a good battery or not..

but in the 18650 size it does become about mAh.... I like that 2600mAh AW (IF you can use them in your mod but not all can use the flat tops).... it's good for about 21 hours if you're hitting the PV once every minute for 5 seconds each time...with a LR atty

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Thanks! It's gonna be for the Chuck. So flat top is ok right?
I appreciate the responses. Why I can build a computer from scratch, but not choose a $9 battery still baffles me. lol

lol... batteries are harder...everything changes depending on what you're using...

as for the flat top... all I can say is ask jeff....I STILL havent placed my order for a chuck ....the $ to throw down and wait just hasn't been there and there's other stuff on my list first...

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
This thread gives me a headache and I just bought a big Chuck (because I don't have enough types of batteries and chargers in the house) so I have to buy more.

Li-Ion (all at either Lighthound or Mad Vapes except the Tenergy)
Ultrafire's protected one @3000mAh runs $10-$12
Trustfire & Ultrafire each have a 2400mAh for a little less
AW 2200 or 2600mAh are $13-$19
Tenergy 2600mAh $8.95

Other technologies
AW IMR (1600mAh) - $10.50
AW LiNiCoO2 NNP (2900mAh) $18.75

Li-Ion — If I go with this technology, I'm only slightly confused. I'll either go with the 3,000mAh Ultrafire or one of the AWs. (The love of Tenergy batteries is for their LiFePos; they're neither better nor worse than anyone else for the Li-Ions, right?)

Other - I can't see going with the IMR. A big part of why I wanted a big Chuck was the battery life. Is the LiNiCoO2 (Nickle) technology safer than Li-Ion? If so, it might be worth the extra money.

Charger
Will the same charger I use for my 18350s work (fingers crossed)?

RCR123A
For 6V vaping all of the good reviews seem to be for the Tenergy LiFePo4s. The Blue ones (900mAh) trip for some people, not for others. The Yellow/Green ones (750mAh) work for everyone.

Charger
I have an UltraFire WF-128 Switching Charger for my 16340s. Assuming I remember to flip the switch from 3.6V to 3.0V, can I use these on LiFePo4 batteries or will I need another charger?

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Poeia, I have the WF-138 charger.

Hey, what is that coupon code again? I need to just write that down so I don't have to keep digging thru the pages to find it :)
My 3V lifepo's are at the end of their life, get a day out of them and usually that is all I ask of them but from time to time I have forgot to switch them out. I must say, the two pairs I use have about 8 months of heavy vaping on them so I cannot complain.

Poeia, I am looking forward to what you have to say when you finally rock some 6volts. The only stuff I vape at 3.7 are things like bubblegum etc and I haven't vaped that stuff in six months.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
The code is CPF (it's short for Candle Power Forum)

How long do I have to charge my batteries for the initial charge? I've had them in almost 2 hours now. I wanna VAPE.

I got a pair of the Ultrafire 3000mAh and a pair of the AW 2900mAh Nickle. The last were expensive, but they are noticeably lighter than the Li-Ion. I figure that by the time I wear out all 4, I'll know whether it's worth reordering them. I bought a WF-139 for charging them. I never loved my charger for the 18350s so that will become an emergency backup.

I also bought 2 pairs of the AW 3V. I already have a charger for them -- just have to remember to switch from 3.6 to 3.0.

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Thanks Poeia, I know I've asked you several times for that. I should remember now, I went over there and read that one thread you linked. OMG, and I thought this battery thread made my head hurt! I really have no idea what the heck all those flashlight people were talking about and I don't get the whole battery/flashlight obsession. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread