Battery life for P-16/P-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I am curious to what you guys and gals are getting in terms of battery life.

Thanks.

My mom got 6 hours of heavy vaping on the AW 123 battery for the Precise 16340. Moderate/light vapers would see more. I would be surprised to see 8-12 hours. It's a damn good battery.

The new version 18650 was tough to keep track of as she vaped that one periodically over the course of three days before it went dead.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
My mom got 6 hours of heavy vaping on the AW 123 battery for the Precise 16340. Moderate/light vapers would see more. I would be surprised to see 8-12 hours. It's a damn good battery.

The new version 18650 was tough to keep track of as she vaped that one periodically over the course of three days before it went dead.
No but 6-8 hrs for an average/heavy vaper is not out of the realm of possibilities. Plus we have established that Ladymama, could be construed as really heavy vaper, vice heavy. No offence intended.

wisteelersfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Wisconsin
Using the AW IMR 16340 in my SP2 (while I wait for my p16) I consistently make it thru a 10 hour work shift plus the drive in and back. Granted it's not real heavy vaping, but I HAVE made it thru 12 hour shifts too without a real bad drop off in performance. But like I said it's not real heavy use then. 10-12 good puffs every hour or so during a "smoke" break with the boss. Heavier use when I'm not at work I get 8-9 hours. When the high drains start to quit though it goes fast. Just my personal experience. YMMV

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I got my new Precise outta the box this afternoon (P16) and haven't put it down. Been through about 3 or 4ml of Flue Cured 8-o

That was 3pm and it's 9pm now... So far 6 hours :p

Using a AW IMR 16340 that's a month or so old... Well broken in and cycled..

I'll get a full day reading tomorrow..

This thing is really schweet... Thinking about ordering another

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Hey David,

When are you expecting to start offering AW18650 batts? I was going to order a couple of them from Lighthound but would rather get them from you if they will be available by the time my unit ships out. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw your answer to my question in a different thread.

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
the super complex answer...

for a fairly spot on guesstimate...if you take the Amp draw (voltage divided by atty resistance) and divide that by the mAh rating of the battery...that'll give you the C rate of discharge...divide 60minutes by that C rate and multiply by 60 and that's how many seconds continuous it should run...
break that up by the average length you hold the button and how many times you take a drag in an hour..should give a pretty good basis...

as an example...the AW 2600mAh 18650 battery running a 1.5Ω LR atty:
2470mA/ 2600mAh= .95C
60min/ .95C= 63.16min (*60)= 3789 seconds continuous
that's 757 5second long button presses
which would be 12 solid hours if I hit it once a minute (60 presses an hour)...24 hours once every other minute (30 presses an hour)...
and that's a LR atty...a regular atty and that time jumps up dramaticly...like 5806 seconds for a 2.3Ω 510 atty

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
the super complex answer...

for a fairly spot on guesstimate...if you take the Amp draw (voltage divided by atty resistance) and divide that by the mAh rating of the battery...that'll give you the C rate of discharge...divide 60minutes by that C rate and multiply by 60 and that's how many seconds continuous it should run...
break that up by the average length you hold the button and how many times you take a drag in an hour..should give a pretty good basis...

as an example...the AW 2600mAh 18650 battery running a 1.5Ω LR atty:
2470mA/ 2600mAh= .95C
60min/ .95C= 63.16min (*60)= 3789 seconds continuous
that's 757 5second long button presses
which would be 12 solid hours if I hit it once a minute (60 presses an hour)...24 hours once every other minute (30 presses an hour)...
and that's a LR atty...a regular atty and that time jumps up dramaticly...like 5806 seconds for a 2.3Ω 510 atty

Yeah, what he said.:blink:

I would bet most charge them before they need it..........they last a long time. That was the objective correct?? :toast:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Yeah, what he said.:blink:

I would bet most charge them before they need it..........they last a long time. That was the objective correct?? :toast:

lol...yeah...was just more of a depending on which atty and battery...it's a pretty good rough guess that takes the whole concept of light vs moderate vs heavy vaper out of the variables..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread