Battery lights but no atty current? Do this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
If the battery lights but no current to the atomizer this is usually due to a poor connection from the battery to the atomizer. I would NOT recommend spraying anything into the battery.

The inlet hole (center post) is your positive terminal. It can actually move in and out a bit as it is held in there with an o-ring. If the LED lights like it should on draw, but no power to the atty (i.e. no vape) typically this center post is in too far, just pull it out a tiny bit. Also try not to put it to tight into the charger as this can push the center post in too far.

I think this serves two purposes one of which is the o-ring is needed for polarity separation on the positive and negative terminals. I also think it is intentional to self adjust to manufacturing variances on atomizers.

Member "Krotch" pointed this out in another thread and uses a paper clip in the hole to wiggle the center post to get it to come out a bit. I tried this on one a battery that would not work on one atty, but would work on another and it works like a champ on both atty's now...

This is not to be confused with a stuck switch which will not light the LED normally or will leave the battery always on when you connect it to an atty.

c_b

Feb 15, 2009
This happened to me today to both of mine. I taped (hard) LED end down on a hard surface. They came back. I think the switch gets stuck.

Here is what I do to take care of everything. I keep a stack of napkins at my desk.

I tear off about a 2X3 inch strip and tear that in half. I then start with a corner and roll it between my fingers to make a very fine spike. I then stick that down in the battery hole and twist to get any juice out. I then use the opposite end to clean the threads and around the hole. It usually is pretty dirty.

I then take the other half and push it down in the atty (battery side) to clean that out.

Usually the draws are easier afterward, and I think it's a good PM. My original setup, I got months ago is still going strong. 2 batteries, and 1 atomizer. ( I have extras but haven't needed them.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread