Battery low, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
I am using several mods, which give me a "low battery" warning, though I can take some more puffs after letting them rest for a while.

Sometimes, the first attempt of drawing after the "low battery" warning will not work.
But if I let it rest for a while, the mod will work well again.

This is what I saw with my mods of different makes.

Seems to me that the cells recover somehow after a while and then the mod allows some more puffs.

Did you ever see this behaviour with your equipment?

Regards,
aLyr

PS: I am mostly using mods and tanks of vaporesso, but not only.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I would say you're abusing your batteries.
Seriously, once you're mods battery protection says low it's low. It's true that given some time for the ions (or whatever) to settle you may get a few more puffs but why do it?
This is the same reason you don't take a battery straight from vaping and stick it in the charger or straight from the charger and start vaping on it. They need time to settle.

My:2c:

Reactions: Baditude

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Foggy Road,

you did not understand anything, obviously.

Firstly, I have been writing about cells, not batteries!

Secondly, I do not abuse the Li-Ion cells in any of my mods!
All of those I have suit my way of vaping very well!

Also, I always give my cells time to rest after charging before using them in another mod.

And my style of charging Li-Ion cells is always to let them rest about 30 minutes before and after charging!

Understood?

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Foggy Road,

you did not understand anything.

Firstly, I have been writing about cells, not batteries!

Secondly, I do not abuse the Li-Ion cells in any of my mods!
Also, I give my cells time to rest after charging before using them in another mod.
Oh, ok. My bad:rolleyes:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
People use the term "battery" when, technically, they are cells. It's a common practice. No need to be so argumentative.
People use the term battery correctly;
The difference between a cell and a battery is that a cell is a single unit that converts chemical energy into electrical energy, and a battery is a collection of cells
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-battery-and-a-cell

aLyr is just being contrary to provoke a response from everyone. Its his normal style. Take a few minutes to read his thread on Battery Marriage.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
This battery behavior is not unique to eCigs, it can be seen in almost all battery powered devices. The important aspect here is when battery low warning is received its time to change out batteries rather than risk discharging below a safe state. Continued discharge below designed cut off is detrimental to battery life.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
This battery behavior is not unique to eCigs, it can be seen in almost all battery powered devices. The important aspect here is when battery low warning is received its time to change out batteries rather than risk discharging below a safe state. Continued discharge below designed cut off is detrimental to battery life.
Some mods do cut off a bit early. To me it makes little difference when a mod cuts off, I listen to it and change... cells. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread