Battery mod recommendations to go with Nautilus Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
Hi guys,

What's the best battery mod to go with the Nautilus Mini? Don't really care about size or price. As long as it's safe and creates delicious vapors.

*I used to have an Atlantis tank. I stopped using it because I burnt the coils frequently and I hated that.

Thanks!
Ken
Hey there,

As far as mods go, it's pretty much up to whatever you want to pick.

Here are few suggestions for using the Nautilus Mini with: VaporShark RDNA40, Mini Volt by Council of Vapor, Hana Mods DNA40.

Most of the mods that have variable wattage will work well with the Nautilus Mini as you can finetune the wattage to whatever you like with the Nautilus Mini.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: kenjai1

zanzi

Jan 18, 2016
What's the best battery mod to go with the Nautilus Mini? Don't really care about size or price. As long as it's safe and creates delicious vapors.

Evic VTC mini- Cheap & very good & quite small-
KSD 25W mini box- Cheap, good & very small-

I'm sold on TC- so I'd choose the Evic, unless you want a tiny set up

kenjai1

Mar 30, 2015
Hey there,

As far as mods go, it's pretty much up to whatever you want to pick.

Here are few suggestions for using the Nautilus Mini with: VaporShark RDNA40, Mini Volt by Council of Vapor, Hana Mods DNA40.

Most of the mods that have variable wattage will work well with the Nautilus Mini as you can finetune the wattage to whatever you like with the Nautilus Mini.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks! Seems like VaporShark doesn't have rDNA40 for sale on their site anymore. Do you recommend the VaporShark DNA200? Or is that overkill for a beginner like me?

BTW I would need special Nautilus TSC coils to use the temperature control functions of DNA40 or DNA200 devices yeah?

Reactions: Lova

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
30W istick. You won't find a better mod for the price they go for nowadays. I'm seeing them for $20 online now. You probably won't be the capacity for the size either unless you go with something where you supply your own battery. It's got 2200 mah. My coolfire 4 is twice the width and only has 2000. But you could always put a 3100 mah battery in a Kanger Kbox mini or the Evic mini mentioned above.

kenjai1

Mar 30, 2015
Evic VTC mini- Cheap & very good & quite small-
KSD 25W mini box- Cheap, good & very small-

I'm sold on TC- so I'd choose the Evic, unless you want a tiny set up

Temperature control sounds awesome. One of the reasons I stopped vaping for a couple months was because I was burning the coils too much. TC totally solves my problem.

For Nautilus Mini and TC, I would need to purchase the nickel version of the coils yea?

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
Thanks! Seems like VaporShark doesn't have rDNA40 for sale on their site anymore. Do you recommend the VaporShark DNA200? Or is that overkill for a beginner like me?

BTW I would need special Nautilus TSC coils to use the temperature control functions of DNA40 or DNA200 devices yeah?
Well DNA200 is really user customizable, so you have to read a lot of instructions on how to use it. As far as I'm concerned and if you are willing to learn about the device, then you have something 'future proof' if you want to get into building your own coils.

DNA200 also works in Variable Wattage mode, so you can run any coil you wish.

If finetuning isn't your piece of cake, you could also check out the Wismec Reuleaux RX200, a triple-18650 200W device that's quite compact. Also, the RX200 is a bit cheaper with 2 sets of batteries and external charger than a VaporShark DNA200 :) If you are going to get the RX200, get some good quality batteries, I've used LG HD2's myself, 2x 3 batteries and a 4-bay external charger. All those should run you about the same price as a VaporShark DNA200.

You might also find the VaporShark RDNA40 from some other sites that sell vaping gear. I remember seeing them being sold on UKecigstore.com :)

zanzi

Jan 18, 2016

They will operate in VW mode.
I don't think rDNA 40 does TC on stainless steel.

Nautilus coil heads used to be really easy to rebuild- may still be.
The beauty of eg 28G stainless wire is that it can be used in both VW & TC mode.
Super easy to use- incredible clean taste.
You don't know how much kanthal taints the flavour until you use Nickel, Titanium or stainless steel.

Evic mini is a good little VW mod, & also does stainless steel in TC mode- well.
The latest update allows you to further tweak the settings.

I love TC on Evic mini- richer taste than on VW & less battery drain at the same watts

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Get a $50 box mod. No need to spend $200-$300

Good grief, what is the world coming to.

Something like this

Innokin Coolfire IV - Innokin - Electronic Mods

TC doesn't necessarily solve your problems... it depends
1) what power you vape at (like to vape at/want to vape at)
2) a TC mod is not what you want for a Nautilus unless you want to use TC coils in (different) sub-ohm tanks.

So, if you want the option to TC or not TC then a plain VV/VW mod is not the right choice.

This would do both

Joyetech eVic VTC Mini Express Kit

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi guys,

*I used to have an Atlantis tank. I stopped using it because I burnt the coils frequently and I hated that.

Thanks!
Ken
95% of the time the cotton burns because the power is turned up too high.

There are dozens of good mods out there.

If you want internal batteries there is the Coolfire4, the family of istick's, Wismec Presa (40 watt) and many others.

If you want a mod that uses 18650 batteries

I HIGHLY recommend these.

IPV D2
eVic VTC MINI
Istick60tc
Koopor Mini
Subox,
Possibly Cloupor Mini Plus

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
As you like your Nautilus Mini and it's giving you what you want, I'd second the suggestion of an iStick 30w - I've three of them and run mine in Volts mode at 3.7 which I find ideal for flavour with the Nautilus. Being an ex pipe smoker I also run my Nautilus Minis with the draw on full open which again personally I find gives me the taste I like.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I have seen several recommendations for the iStick 30 and the Cool Fire 4. Both of those are excellent choices for a beginner. If you want removable batteries-- I prefer them-- then the Kanger Subox kit is a nice place to start. You don't need tall power on a Nautilus. 15 watts or so will give you all that tank will handle. If money's no object, buy a Provari. US made, warrantied, and they can be serviced. Really, they're about as good as it gets for low power applications. Their P3 is a 20 watt tube, and the Radius is a 40 watt box.

Temp control is another matter. The problem with most small mods in TC is they only support Ni200 wire. Both the Titanium and Stainless wires offer better flavor and, I believe, better all around performance. If you want to future proof, the best buy right now is a Wismec Reuleaux RX200, which is way more power than you need, and supports SS wire, and has upgradable firmware to keep it current. It's larger than you want, probably. It's a very small 3 battery mod, but it's still 3 batteries and that's a fist full. Another solid choice would be a SX mini. The new one is supposed to support Ti and SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread