Battery not always making a connection when placed into the PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ostego

Verified Member
May 19, 2013
United Kingdom
Hi,

One of the main issues i had with my old eroll kit was that every time i placed the batteries in the PCC, it would require pushing or rolling to get the blue light to show, and the connection was always fragile (this coupled with the PCC's charge and other things)

So a month ago i bought a whole new kit.

Recently, I've had similar problems happening with my first battery, now it does sometimes need to be rolled or re-inserted to get the blue light to go on, and i can only anticipate this will get worse!

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I think it could be due to the "gold plating" at the end of the battery seeming more worn and scuffed, or thats what it seems like to me. But not sure whether anyone could shed any light upon this issue, as to how to fix it, or how to avoid it, as i still have my 2nd battery that is unused and fresh

Just wanted to see whether this is down to the way i use my eroll, or whether this is a well known issue, as i cant seem to find any other posts relating to this issue and am wondering whether I'm inserting it wrong or something!!

Thanks

ostego

Verified Member
May 19, 2013
United Kingdom
I've had it happen on occasion, but it never gets worse. Have you tried a new battery to see if it's just the battery?

It does seem to happen when the batteries get older... but this battery is only a month old, does feel a bit premature

I've had it happen on occasion too, but nothing more than that. I just pull out the eRoll and reseat it in the PCC and then it's fine. Maybe the contacts in your PCC were installed crooked or something?

It's not the contacts in the PCC, as the exact same sort of thing happened with my old kit :S

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
It's not the contacts in the PCC, as the exact same sort of thing happened with my old kit :S

When you put the eRoll into the PCC, do you lay it flat and press it in or do you put it in contacts-ends first and then push the other end in? Just asking because I can imagine the problem might happen a lot more if you try popping the eRoll in flat instead of contacts first.

ostego

Verified Member
May 19, 2013
United Kingdom
When you put the eRoll into the PCC, do you lay it flat and press it in or do you put it in contacts-ends first and then push the other end in? Just asking because I can imagine the problem might happen a lot more if you try popping the eRoll in flat instead of contacts first.

always contact end in first at a 30 degree angle, then slide the tank end in after, never put it in flat

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I would experiment if I were you. I would put a different tank on that battery that doesn't make contact to see if there may be a slight difference in the tank lengths. Of course, they would have to be tanks purchased at a different time or place. Then I would see about the cones. I do know I've seen deviations in those circumference-wise so its possible there is in length also. In fact, some of my white ones don't completely meet and lock on the battery well seeming to be too short to lock in the channel. These deviations aren't huge of course but, depending on the PCC, could be just enough to create a touchy contact.

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I would experiment if I were you. I would put a different tank on that battery that doesn't make contact to see if their may be a slight difference in the tank lengths. Then I would see about the cones. I do know I've seen deviations in those circumference-wise so its possible there is in length also. In fact, some of my white ones don't completely meet and lock on the battery well.

ostego

Verified Member
May 19, 2013
United Kingdom
Just gave a go rubbing the gold end with a cloth and some vodka, and that seems to have fixed it!

Always thought that it was just the gold wearing off the end and rubbing it on a dry cloth never did any good, but seeing that it's not a common problem, i figured i'd try something else! Think it may be a build up of hair products that i use every morning and always gets left on my hands that has rubbed off over time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread