Battery PCC confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

karenrcg

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2008
Derbyshire, UK
I am completely confused about the different types of batteries for the Dura C and whether they are able to charge in the PCC, On the Janty USA site they claim that the Dura-C batteries will charge in the PCC JANTY DURA-C JANTY DURA-C BATTERY
and on the Europe site they say they won't charge in the PCC JANTY DURA AUTO JANTY PCC

How on earth are you supposed to know which kind of batteries you have or are buying and if they will fit:confused:

menthollight

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
USA
I don't have a PCC yet, but from what I've read, all automatic batteries and the new short manual batteries will work with the PCC. The original (long) manual batteries won't work (though some people say it does work for them).

If a manual battery is lighted then it's the new short version and it should work in the PCC. If it's not lighted then it could be either the long or short version.

Still confusing, huh :)

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
If a manual battery is lighted then it's the new short version and it should work in the PCC. If it's not lighted then it could be either the long or short version.

Still confusing, huh :)

Wait, there are new manual batteries which have LEDs? The site says no, but it has a picture of a Dura-C battery with a light grey end-cap just like the ones which covered the LED on the old auto version. Perhaps a light end, not a lighted one?

Confusing indeed.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
Wait, there are new manual batteries which have LEDs? The site says no, but it has a picture of a Dura-C battery with a light grey end-cap just like the ones which covered the LED on the old auto version. Perhaps a light end, not a lighted one?

Confusing indeed.

The short Janty version does not have an LED... the short Joye version (such as Electronicstix sells) has an LED. LED on a manual battery!?!

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
Confusion solved:

The newest manual batts DO fit the PCC. Jason at electronicstix has them with the red LED. I think The Smoke Safe has started carrying them also.

The widow still carries the older style that WON'T fit the PCC. Janty may have gotten the new ones WITHOUT the LED (if that really matters).

One thing that I HIGHLY recommend is the new Janty 510 passthru. Everyone should get one before they run out, and they have them NOW. Jason will have some by mid-May. I recommend the Janty simply because for a few bucks more you get a 6 month warranty.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
Here is what Ludo recently said about PCC batter compatability...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/jantyusa/13667-dura-cs-back-stock-2.html#post233712

The PCC has not changed, the batts are 3 mm shorter that is why they fit better. BUT, old dura-c batts fit too if you are a bit handy. The most recent change to the PCC is the widening of the holes (for any new PCC's from May/June batches onwards).

So I take this to mean that the longer batteries will work IF YOU JAM THEN IN.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Confusion solved:

The newest manual batts DO fit the PCC. Jason at electronicstix has them with the red LED. I think The Smoke Safe has started carrying them also.

The widow still carries the older style that WON'T fit the PCC. Janty may have gotten the new ones WITHOUT the LED (if that really matters).

One thing that I HIGHLY recommend is the new Janty 510 passthru. Everyone should get one before they run out, and they have them NOW. Jason will have some by mid-May. I recommend the Janty simply because for a few bucks more you get a 6 month warranty.

Just got a slew of new batts from the Widow, they are approx. 3mm shorter than originals, no LED....:confused:

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
Just got a slew of new batts from the Widow, they are approx. 3mm shorter than originals, no LED....:confused:

Indeed, the Widow's don't have the LEDs. I didn't know they were the shorter ones, however, because I just got two from her last week that were identical to my older model manual batts. She got a new shipment in the day after I ordered mine, so her models are probably the newer shorter ones, just minus the LED. Can't beat her price, though, and I like the non-LED ones - at least for now.:)

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
Hello together,

I got my 510 Titan black Kit yesterday from electroniccigaretteuk

I got a manual and an auto battery.
BOTH got a blue LED!!

The size of the auto is ~ 64.5mm and the manual is ~68.5mm

ARE this now the NEW manual ones, which will fit into any PCC ( Janty or Titan or whatever)!!

Or do we STILL now nothing now to be 100% sure!

Mancman

From what I understand, the Titan still has the older style batts. They did make a deal with the manufacturers, however, to get the first LED manuals.

Currently, Jason's Yeti is the way to go. He will be stocking the very latest in 510s. Same size batts, both manual, both fit the PCC, both have RED LEDs.

Sometimes I still feel conspicuous vaping in a bar or restaurant that bans smokers, and the non-LED batts don't draw as much attention. ;)

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
The size of the auto is ~ 64.5mm and the manual is ~68.5mm

ARE this now the NEW manual ones, which will fit into any PCC ( Janty or Titan or whatever)!!

Or do we STILL now nothing now to be 100% sure!

Mancman

The manual battery you got is the longer size that will not fit in the PCC, unless as Ludo says, you are "handy", whatever that is supposed to mean... :p

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Confusion solved:....
quote]

Sent a query to Joye last night regarding batteries. Here be the response

I am June. Thanks for your email to us.

There are several edtions now of our manual batteries. At first the manual battery is not with LED light, then we add LED light. So the one with LED light is longer than the one without. Later, we make changes again. We revise our li-battery. So the manual battery with LED is nearly the same length as the first edition without LED, but shorter than the previous one with LED.

Hope my poor explaination will be understood by you. So is some changes to the instruction manuals. Now we have two kinds of instruction manuals. One is used for manual battery and the other for both manual battery and automatic one.

Any other needs or helps please contact me.

Thanks in advance and best regards

June
Abroad Sales

Shenzhen Joye Technology Co., Ltd.

Now who could be confused after that? 8-o

testerjtester

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
Indeed, the Widow's don't have the LEDs. I didn't know they were the shorter ones, however, because I just got two from her last week that were identical to my older model manual batts. She got a new shipment in the day after I ordered mine, so her models are probably the newer shorter ones, just minus the LED. Can't beat her price, though, and I like the non-LED ones - at least for now.:)

For whatever it might be worth, I just got confirmation from The Widow that the stock she received on the 23rd contained the new shorter batteries, any orders from older stock would have been the longer ones.

If I recall correctly, she had run out of stock for a while leading up to the 23rd, so that should be a pretty good dividing line for anyone else that might be wondering what they received from her...

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread