battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
good question kate. Think about a computer/laptop/cell phone, etc... When they are in standby mode, they are still on and using energy. the difference is, they are using about 1/100th of what would be needed to fully power the equipment. That is why you have 6 hour talk time cell phone batteries and 300 hours of standby time.

If I had to guess, I would say the battery is still discharging while not being used because something must power the sensor to know when to turn on and off. This doesn't mean its discharging by leaps and bounds, just a little.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I have noticed that if you unplug the charger, if you leave battery in, it will indeed drain it- left mine in an unplugged charger for a few days by mistake, and went ot retrieve it and it was drained and hte led was blinking while it was i nthe unplugged charger.

LOL...

Yesterday, the wifey washed my shorts and I had an extra penstyle battery still in one of the cargo pockets (she forgot to check)

it was a fully charged battery, went through the entire wash and drying cycle and was completely drained afterwards. would just blink when I tried to use it. Thought it may have been destroyed, however, stuck it on the charger, and this morning, worked like a charm! LOL ...

Have your batteries go through a laundry cycle for an extra uumph ... :D

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
just to boringly say why the stand by phone time is much longer than the talk time..

its a receiver in one mode a transmitter in the other.. to transmit radio waves takes hundreds of times the power than to receive them does.. nothing complicated

the e device device is activated by a simple mechanical suck switch .. the batteries might run down very very slowly but not my much.. think how long a little watch battery can power a watch..

for a women cash u are doing brilliantly.. he he he he

trog

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
just to boringly say why the stand by phone time is much longer than the talk time..

its a receiver in one mode a transmitter in the other.. to transmit radio waves takes hundreds of times the power than to receive them does.. nothing complicated

the e device device is activated by a simple mechanical suck switch .. the batteries might run down very very slowly but not my much.. think how long a little watch battery can power a watch..

for a women cash u are doing brilliantly.. he he he he

trog

interesting ... I meant standby mode for the cell phone like that of a laptop. Didn't know the electrical equipment behind a cell phone and transmitter radio waves. i learn something new everyday! thanks trog

haha, its not my wifey's fault. i NEVER keep anything in my cargo short pockets. that was the first and last time ... :D

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
all a laptop needs for stand by is perhaps power to the keyboard and above all power to its memory.. it forgets everything once it loses power.. again not a lot of power is needed to keep it alive..

as for a lithium battery laptop or e cig.. it never goes flat.. the built in control circuitry does not under any circumstances permit it to go flat..

flat isnt really flat its always got 2.7 volts in it.. the cirucitry switches it off at this voltage.. it does this cos the cell will be damaged if let go really flat.. knackered in short..

so flat aint really flat simply switched off.. this only applies to consumer lithium cells.. they are delicate things as i have said many a time..

the pipe and cigar batteries do not have this control circuit built in.. be careful u dont run them down fully flat.. it soon ruins them.. they aint really meant for consumer use.. they can be dangerous.. they are not idiot proof so to speak.. consumer goods have to be.. he he

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread