Battery sticking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilius

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
CLE
nilius17.com
I have 2 auto batteries that were bought at the same time. One of them is sticking on when bumped, the other is fine. The only way it is turning off is by the built in cut off.

I'm wondering if this battery has gone bad (I have only used it for 3 weeks) or maybe a bit of juice has leaked into this plunger I have read about...

Is there a way to clean the end of this thing to make sure it is not caused by juice?

Last edited:

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Try putting about 1/2 inch of alcohol in a glass and stand the battery up in it, with the LED up.

Use EverClear (PGA), vodka, or isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol.

I would let it sit like that for a couple of hours, then shake it out, dry it off and let it sit for a couple of more hours to dry out.

I'm afraid that's the best you can do. If that doesn't fix it, the only thing left to dry is dropping it a few times 2 - 3 feet onto the carpet.

Nilius

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
CLE
nilius17.com
Thanks for the suggestion Paw. After your comment yesterday, I dropped both batteries into a shot glass of rubbing alcohol. There was only enough alcohol to cover just past the threads... about 1/16 of an inch.

I let the batteries sit in the alcohol for about an hour, dried them with a paper towel and blasted them with canned air. I then let them sit out overnight. When I woke up, I hit them with canned air again (from both sides) to make sure there was no liquid at all in them.

The sticking battery is still sticking and the other battery wont even turn on. I am going to let them sit for a few days before I throw them against the wall...

I like the auto batteries, but I've only had these 3 weeks... Manuals it is from now on I suppose

fwm

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Arkansas
My last auto I ordered worked about a week, then I started having problems. I have done everything I know to do to it, and nothing. It only works at random.....luckily, I have others to use, but did make a note in comments on my order last week about it. I'm still waiting on that order to arrive - stupid post office - the first 2 orders I placed arrived within 4 days - all the rest have taken at least a week or better. Anyway, I offered to mail my bad batt back if they need it, and I know the guys at V4L will make it right. I have been here since Dec and every day I wake up amazed at it all. I have a friend who tried to quit cold turkey in January and was REALLY struggling, really miserable. I told him about V4L, how awesome not only the products are, but the company itself, and honestly, I can't do without this forum. It keeps me strong. Hang in there, let the guys know about your battery and they will work with you.

Mariano

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
usa
I have 2 auto batteries that were bought at the same time. One of them is sticking on when bumped, the other is fine. The only way it is turning off is by the built in cut off.

I'm wondering if this battery has gone bad (I have only used it for 3 weeks) or maybe a bit of juice has leaked into this plunger I have read about...

Is there a way to clean the end of this thing to make sure it is not caused by juice?

Let us know in your next order and we will replace it ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread