Battery suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

profector

Verified Member
Looking for battery suggestions. Right now I'm using a Spinner on a Unitank. Everything works okay, but I'm starting to have problems with the threads on the Spinner. It would be nice to be able to get replacement parts for it but I don't think they are available, so I'm looking for something like the Spinner, but with parts that can be replaced when needed. Any ideas? I choose the spinner because I could change the voltage, the reviews were mostly all positive, and it had a good price. It seems like a good battery, I was just to rough on it.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I believe the threads on the ego types are all the same. You could get a 510/510 adapter to help lessen that issue. BTW I have 3 spinners that are a year + old and the threads are going strong on them. Of course I don;t use the same one daily, but I do switch tanks a ton on these, around 5+ times on the way in to work and 5+ on the way home.

LEDBETTER122

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Alabama
I have the Ego-Twist, and I completely love them. Although since the voltage is engraved into the "Twist part", it’s is kind of hard to read the voltage its set on. This is no problem for me since I generally keep it on the same voltage setting.

I believe I saw where you could buy replacement parts for them, but I see them regularly on eBay for $10-$15 so I wouldn’t go through the hassle. Although it is not a "Genuine" Joyetech Battery, it has done me wonders.

If you’re wanting a completely replaceable battery system your probably going to have to look at more "High end" batteries.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Looking for battery suggestions. Right now I'm using a Spinner on a Unitank. Everything works okay, but I'm starting to have problems with the threads on the Spinner. It would be nice to be able to get replacement parts for it but I don't think they are available, so I'm looking for something like the Spinner, but with parts that can be replaced when needed. Any ideas? I choose the spinner because I could change the voltage, the reviews were mostly all positive, and it had a good price. It seems like a good battery, I was just to rough on it.

What is your budget? The only device I have used that has threads that are immune/virtually immune to wear is a ProVari. I know of no devices which are like the spinners and twists that won't have similar issues. You may be over-tightening the atty when you screw it on. Usually my eGo twist batteries/switches fail long before the threads.

Like Bluecat suggests, you could get an adapter that would help...

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
As far as I know the ego types do not have replaceable parts. There is an ego switch available for a mod but that is a bit larger. I would suggest looking for mods that 14xxx series batteries as these are closer to the size but even those will not have spare parts readily available. You can google 10440 mod or 14500 mod and come up with links to sites that have them or discussions on them here on ecf. Here is the google search on 10440 mods. https://www.google.com/search?q=104...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

profector

Verified Member
thanks for the search criteria I wasn't sure of the right key words.

As far a my budget, $50-100 for something that is built to last, but preferably less than fifty.

What's strange, when I visually inspection of the threads they look fine on both the male and female pieces, but when I put them together it's loose and wobbles. I don't have ring or plug gages that small so I don't know for sure which side is off.

And yes, I think I'll use an 510 to 510 adapter for the next one so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I probably not over tighting it. If I screw it too far down I can't pull air through it, so I've always had to leave it a little loose and use the beauty ring to hold it tight.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
thanks for the search criteria I wasn't sure of the right key words.

As far a my budget, $50-100 for something that is built to last, but preferably less than fifty.

What's strange, when I visually inspection of the threads they look fine on both the male and female pieces, but when I put them together it's loose and wobbles. I don't have ring or plug gages that small so I don't know for sure which side is off.

And yes, I think I'll use an 510 to 510 adapter for the next one so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I probably not over tighting it. If I screw it too far down I can't pull air through it, so I've always had to leave it a little loose and use the beauty ring to hold it tight.

Also check out the airflow controller. Recently have started using them. Basically a 510 to 510 but has an air controller on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread