image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sounds like vapor lock for lack of a better term. Is there a vape shop near you that you can go to and see if they can help? I am hesitant to tell you to use any type of hardware like pliers or channel locks to hold the part steady while you try to break the hold it has. Maybe if you are careful and put a towel or some soft type of material between the pliers and the mod and try to loosen it you won't mar or damage the mod itself......

sry thats all I got.
:)

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
That's an ego style battery. The part that holds the connector is press fit into the part that holds the battery. I would say that it's probably fubar. There's a very thin wire that's attached to the connector. If it spins too much the wire will break loose.

Dylan67890

Nov 8, 2018
so what are you guys thoughts on charging it. i don’t see any other way to charge it. when you turn the bottom the cotton things in the tank are moving around. you can screw all you want it doesn’t screw off. if you look at the picture, the silver part that’s next to the tank. if you grab that and the tank. that’s tight. and you can’t turn that. but the actual part with the button on it spins semi freely.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
heres a pic
Ah. An ego device. Should have known really, I’ve had this happen to me before long long ago when such things were the best you could get. Basically you’re kinda hosed. The battery itself is done. The glue holding the innards to the case has come loose. The way I solved this issue was to get a couple pair of channel locks (plumbers pliers) and crunch the edge of the battery to create grip then use the other pair of pliers to unscrew the atty. sometimes I could save the atty, sometimes I couldn’t. The problem is endemic to the battery design. Personally I suggest tossing the whole thing and getting a better device. Which is to say just about anything.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
so what are you guys thoughts on charging it. i don’t see any other way to charge it. when you turn the bottom the cotton things in the tank are moving around. you can screw all you want it doesn’t screw off. if you look at the picture, the silver part that’s next to the tank. if you grab that and the tank. that’s tight. and you can’t turn that. but the actual part with the button on it spins semi freely.
wont work. You already broke the wire turning it.
f6c.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
well it still works for now i’ll just run it till it’s dead and get a new one. thanks guys
That is one advantage to those things. They’re dirt cheap. At least look at something else that’s less than 10 years old in design before you just buy another of the same. They were a fantastic vape for their day but these days the only thing worse is a blu cigalike. My sister used to vape an evod, which is actually a small step up from that thing. I bought her a nautilus2 and she never looked back.

• Agree
Reactions: gandymarsh

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well it still works for now i’ll just run it till it’s dead

Looks like it is an Ego style battery. The battery can not be removed. The entire battery device is actually "the battery" with a built-in fire button and connector for the tank.

Ego batteries are charged where the clearomizer or tank is. The Ego charger twists onto the 510 connector, the charger connects to a USB wall adaptor.

:danger: However, it sounds like you have already compromised the safety of the device by trying to disassemble it. Better not to vape or try to charge it if you value your face or hand. Batteries will flame or explode if misused/abused.

joyetech-ego-usb-wall-charger-17.gif
images

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread