battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Rummy, you're going to need more batteries if you vape a lot. I started with this exact same battery. Joye doesn't make that size anymore BTW. Two batteries didn't last. I ended up with 4 of them and two chargers in order to keep one going at all times. Then, after a few weeks, they didn't last as long as they did when they were new. So, I ended up with 2 more. Finally I got sick and tired of constantly charging and swapping batteries and bought a better e-cig.

Honestly, after seeing the kit you got and knowing you are not going to be happy with it, the best advice I can give you is to cut your losses. Get with the Canadian Forum members and find out where you can get a good e-cig that will work for you. They'll also be able to tell you where to get juice with nicotine, which is tricky for Canada. You're going to end up spending $50 or so, but you'll end up spending that much in batteries for the e-cig you have now. And it still won't be enough to get you off of cigarettes if you keep ending up with dead batteries.

Meanwhile, while you do some research, get some cartomizers on the way to you. You'll be able to use them in your new e-cig and at least then you'll have a fighting chance.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
When I used these batteries, I got about an hour from one. That's a little less time than it took to charge one up. You're not going to be able to vape a lot and still keep them charged up. It will run you ragged.

A lot of us started there, or with something worse. Regardless, it ends up like sailorman says. Waiting for the green light to vape! That gets old in a hurry!

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
When I used these batteries, I got about an hour from one. That's a little less time than it took to charge one up. You're not going to be able to vape a lot and still keep them charged up. It will run you ragged.
Oh man, does it ever run you ragged. I did that for about a month a few years ago, and went back to smoking. I knew this time, I was giving up smoking for good, and couldn't afford to be running out of batteries. I went for a couple of 650mah right off the bat. I also got a separate pass through, instead of using my Volt X2's. Something about holding my mouth close to a battery that's plugged in makes me a little uneasy...even if it is bypassed when I hit the button (which, I'm not really sure if it is on the X2) $15 was easy to spend to avoid that problem all together.

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
My two cents is that a good 3.7V box mod, either a kit or already assembled, is a good tool for a beginner to use as they figure out exactly what equipment would work best for them. A good box mod, two to three batteries depending on vaping level, and a charger, and you are good to go for months. This will provide plenty of time to learn and not waste money buying things you really didn't want. Box mods aren't as sexy as some of the other equipment, but they work and they are inexpensive, and no one ever recommends them for newbies, but they should.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you don't have a passthrough for that Joye 510, you will eventually run into a wait state where one has blinked and the other isn't ready. You can grab the partially charged one, vape lightly, and wait for the other to charge.

The passthrough is your safety backup, but the money would be better spent on some 900mah or higher batteries, as many have already said. The eGo batts will fit your 510 atty threads and will also run tanks, LR cartos, and many other accessories. It's a step up and a good backup system for whatever you finally decide to buy that is in the variable voltage range. You will need a $10 charger to go with those batts.

VV is the way to vape.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
so i guess that's why that kit was on clearance.

Many people here on ECF started with a Joye 510 or a KR808 kit. A little over two years ago, the eGo became available and we all switched to 650mah batts. Shortly after that, larger mah batteries became available, followed by variable voltage mods.

The transition has been rapid, but most people here used to or still do own a 510 kit. It's a good starter ecig. You just realize pretty fast that you want more vaping time from your batteries.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
You just realize pretty fast that you want more vaping time from your batteries.

Or you end up with one of these! Filled!

510 charger.jpg

Lol!!

Relax, Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread