battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
hey so was just wondering is this battery ok to use the wax doesnt have any other noticible marks or sutch on it just this blue ish mark on the right in the picture right by the qr code im also wondering how long a brand new battery can last in the original package that havent been opend yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
When you say wax, you you mean wrap?
A new battery should last for years in storage assuming it was left with a good storage voltage.

Specifically what battery is it? Model, specification etc.
What mod are you using it in and at what wattage?

yes wrap sorry its a subohm 18650 3,7 v 20 a continuous 30 a pulse
i dont usually run it above 30 w on my vapresso target pro as far as the mark goes i dont know i was thinking it might be liquid but now i dubt it batterys been in daily usage for the past 4 months or so just moved the qr on this picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    932.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i dont usually run it above 30 w on my vapresso target pro as far as the mark goes i dont know i was thinking it might be liquid but now i dubt it batterys been in daily usage for the past 4 months or so
That’s still near the top of what the battery is capable of outputting. Liquid marks usually look a bit different. Better defined edges, and they don’t tend to be that dark.

I would suggest buying a non rewrap battery on general principle. I just don’t trust rewraps. Take a look at Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum He’s got tons of info on how batteries work and which ones are good

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
What!!! The brown LG is no longer there??? @Mooch what happened?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

I would recommend using the table for regulated mods instead of this one for mechs. It’s best to post the link instead too, not the table itself. That way, if the table is updated, this thread always has the link to the latest version of the table.

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I would recommend using the table for regulated mods instead of this one for mechs. It’s best to post the link instead too, not the table itself. That way, if the table is updated, this thread always has the link to the latest version of the table.

Right you are, I grabbed and posted without looking properly.

botox

Oct 31, 2018
    sweden
    That’s still near the top of what the battery is capable of outputting. Liquid marks usually look a bit different. Better defined edges, and they don’t tend to be that dark.

I would suggest buying a non rewrap battery on general principle. I just don’t trust rewraps. Take a look at Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum He’s got tons of info on how batteries work and which ones are good
    so what youre sayin is that the battert shouldent have a issue,the sticker on it was like wet and very easy to peel of so im pretty sure it was caused by liquid leaking out underneath the sticker it looked completly normal i got 2 new batterys on thier way now anyway one sony vtc5a 18650 25a 2600 mah and one lg hg2 18650 20a 3000 mah

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    so what youre sayin is that the battert shouldent have a issue,the sticker on it was like wet and very easy to peel of so im pretty sure it was caused by liquid leaking out underneath the sticker it looked completly normal i got 2 new batterys on thier way now anyway one sony vtc5a 18650 25a 2600 mah and one lg hg2 18650 20a 3000 mah
    Shouldn’t isn’t the same as doesn’t, but sure. You can rewrap the battery to be sure I suppose. Personally in your position I would use the new better quality battery’s and relegate the rewrap to a flashlight or something.

Reactions: Baditude

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    hey so was just wondering is this battery ok to use...

Considering there is no telling what that battery really is or if those specs are accurate I would say it may have never been OK to use. If that is a burn mark I definitely wouldn't use it. I agree with others, if it's not on Mooch's list AND guaranteed authentic then I won't use it.

• Agree

botox

Oct 31, 2018
    sweden
    Considering there is no telling what that battery really is or if those specs are accurate I would say it may have never been OK to use. If that is a burn mark I definitely wouldn't use it. I agree with others, if it's not on Mooch's list AND guaranteed authentic then I won't use it.

but guess if nobody knows the brand it may be risky shiet switching it out this week anyway thanks!
    i know at one point a while back i was asking about what battery i should get where somebody just sent me a chart of ohms laws calculation experienced this alot on this forum since i was green to vaping i just had to take a guess this battery could be the reason why ive had soo meny issues with this mod too

Attachments

• AC1CE806-147F-43D5-AC25-0165144538F6.png
      AC1CE806-147F-43D5-AC25-0165144538F6.png
      759.3 KB · Views: 20
    Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    but guess if nobody knows the brand it may be risky shiet switching it out this week anyway thanks!

Good call. It's best to stick with batteries direct from the manufacturer.

i know at one point a while back i was asking about what battery i should get where somebody just sent me a chart of ohms laws calculation experienced this alot on this forum since i was green to vaping i just had to take a guess this battery could be the reason why ive had soo meny issues with this mod too

Ohm's law is the key to battery selection if you're using a mech mod, which you evidently aren't. It sounds like you've got some good batteries coming, but do you have any questions about selecting batteries for a regulated mod or have you got it figured out now? There are some great resources around here that you'd probably find a lot more useful than an Ohm's law chart:
    Mooch's latest recommended battery chart can always be found here:

• Love

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA

Anything with a battery that's designed to be used next to your face and kept in a pocket should have the best and most reliable power and electronics you can find. There's enough YouTube videos of people hopping around trying to pull a spewing mod out and toss it. They never turn out well.

Genuine Sony, LG, and Samsung cells are solid choices for most vaping applications. At least you know the cell was manufactured by a reliable company.

• Agree

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    next question is where to store said spare batterys they came in a plastic box case thing that i can open and close can i keep them in there?

Yes, those are the perfect place to store them and should be your standard procedure with all batteries. If you get batteries from a vendor that doesn't supply one (almost all I know of do) order your own. They're inexpensive and invaluable at preventing accidents that can occur when batteries just roll around without being protected.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread