Battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok peeps, I've been hanging around in this section sooo long that I have lost my way in the "regular" forum LOL Anyway, I saw a post way back somewhere around here that contained links to buy all sorts of rechargeable batteries and chargers at decent prices...I have noticed that if u try to buy from an "E-cig" related supplier, they r marked wayyy up. I am wanting an x-haler but would like to get my own batts and chargers to vape at 3.7, 5, and 6 volts...Could someone thats been doing this along time help me figure out which batteries are safest , which ones I need to vape at all 3 voltages, and where to buy at a decent price? It is all just way too confusing at this point:confused:

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
batteryjunction.com and lighthound.com are where I get mine. Just make sure they say protected and you'll be good to go.

Thank you redgirl......That is exactly the place I was looking for:D

Which ones will I need to use my device at all 3 voltages? I am confused about the 5 volt thing. I don't see any 2.5 volt batts?

I noticed some batts say they are like 1 mm longer, is this a problem?

Sorry so many ?? ;)

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
The xhaler is a weird device. You can use the odd-sized 17670 for 3.7, or two 3V CR123a batteries for 6V. To get 5V, you use the two CR123a batteries and loosen the cap, which changes the resistance of the circuit somehow. I don't know if there's a resistor built in which only makes contact at a certain position, or if there is some other mechanism involved.

There have been a lot of reports of people being unable to get the 5V mode working correctly, but at least a few have had success with it. Nobody knows if there was a rash of manufacturing defects, or just mass user-error. If you buy one and you do end up having problems with it, the guy who sells them will likely tell you it's all your fault and accuse you of slandering his business, which has been his default reaction in the past. There have been countless threads about the issue on these boards, most of which have been deleted. Threads on the subject remain on other boards though, so you may want to do some research elsewhere. In other words, buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread