Battle of The Non VV Tube Mods-Chuck-Omega-Precise-Silver Bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDeason

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Toronto
ok first i have no desire for a vv mod. One more thing to go wrong and 3.7v w/a lr 510 on an 18650 batt is just perfect. I love the simplicity and reliablity of a great tube mod and all four of the above mentioned are just that,

The Precise is easily best of the bunch due to its small size, silky, all mechanical bottom activation and perfect craftsmanship.

The Omega is a close second. The Silver Vein finish is super cool and the all mechanical top activation is just as nice as the Precise to hit. Also very well made.

The Silver Bullet third because it's huge and not all mechanical, although I doubt I'll ever kill the button. I could easily use the Silver Bullet as a weapon in a bar fight which is a plus and occasionally I like the feel of having the button.

I'm not rating The Chuck fourth. Because it has very professionally done customizable tube I love vaping it when I'm hanging with smokers (mine has a cig pack wrap) so its sometimes my second fav and sometimes my third and sometimes my fourth. The main problem is that this button has the greatest potential for pocket firing and breaking off. I doubt I will ever do either as I am just extra careful with my beloved Chuck.

Oh Yea...they all hit pretty much exactly the same with a freshly charged 18650 and a new LR510.

Attachments

• DSC00547.jpg
    DSC00547.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,882
Last edited:

MikeDeason

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Toronto
Weird...I been vaping my P18 hard for a few months and never cleaned anything on it yet.

Only maint. I've done on any of these mods is a little Noalox and a quick wipe down.

They all seem like their going to last for years but my bet would be the P18 could be handed down to my grandkids. Nothing to go wrong except threading.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I was using my P-18 as my daily vape. It's spent a good amount of time in a dusty warehouse environment so it was put to the test.

I haven't had much of a problem with it since I've been keeping it at home (where it should have always stayed but hey, lifetime warrantee!).

The Silver Bullet was put back into daily service because it just seems to take the abuse better. :evil:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I like how a desirable quality to have in a PV is its' ability to aid you in a bar brawl. It has been many years since I was young enough to find myself in situations that have high risk of placing me where I'd end up participating in such a thing, but now that I think about it, I think its' ability to be used as a weapon could someday be a plus. It's a crazy world. - I think my maxi rough stack measures up in that category. With a steel carto on it, it could even be a somewhat multipurpose weapon. -- That was never considered in my purchase decision, but it might be the next time I buy a mod. - Personal defense vaping systems.

Edit: Just want to add that I hope no one construes that as condoning violent use of PVs. This is strictly a self defense concept, not a hope that anyone would ever need to use their PV as a weapon.

Last edited:

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I like how a desirable quality to have in a PV is its' ability to aid you in a bar brawl. It has been many years since I was young enough to find myself in situations that have high risk of placing me where I'd end up participating in such a thing, but now that I think about it, I think its' ability to be used as a weapon could someday be a plus. It's a crazy world. - I think my maxi rough stack measures up in that category. With a steel carto on it, it could even be a somewhat multipurpose weapon. -- That was never considered in my purchase decision, but it might be the next time I buy a mod. - Personal defense vaping systems.

Edit: Just want to add that I hope no one construes that as condoning violent use of PVs. This is strictly a self defense concept, not a hope that anyone would ever need to use their PV as a weapon.

Lol, I deliver pizzas for a living and some of the apartments we go to are pretty shady and I honestly make sure I have my precise in hand when walking up to doors. Not saying it would be the best self defense weapon but having a fistful of steel is better than nothing at all. I applied for my pistol carry license a couple weeks ago so the precise will be retired a self defense tool or will just be my back up lol.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
I just ordered an Omega and a Precise Plus 18650 (after reading /watching lots of reviews). Thanks to the OP. Now I'm even more sure that I haven't failed on my first big order.
Nice buys! What color Omega did you pick up? I didn't know Altsmoke had a BF sale today until later and just got a 2nd SB.

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
I went for the Chrome finish with the Omega (yes, I KNOW, fingerprints ;) )

I spent a long time considering VV / HV vs LV. A lot of the veterans, but not all, make it seem like high and/or variable voltage is the only way to go. Not so for everybody, I believe.

Low voltage works perfectly for me. After some initial hassle finding the right nic concentration, PG/VG mix and trying out lots of diff cartos with EGO batts, I've found that 3.7 is perfect. For me, that is.
I've had no niggles/frustration with my vaping for 6 weeks. None, whatsoever.
Also, I own a cpl of VV EGOs (switchable between 3.2, 3.7, 4.2 volts) & I never use the 4.2 setting (with Kangers, I actually prefer the 3.2 setting).

Being new, I almost forgot that I should choose by myself, based on my own experiences. I mention this because I almost went ahead and bought HV & VV stuff just because lots of veterans like it. Information overload seemed to make me forget that I have a mind of my own :)

Maybe I'm just trying to justify me expenses :p, but I really don't think so.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I know Evolv are working on a module called the kick, which apparently will fit in most 18650 tube mods + an 18500 batteri, providing VV for the (drumroll) Precise Plus 18650. Super T will be carrying this module. So options are opening for lots of vapers.
see this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/237122-nhaler-announces-kick-evolv.html
and this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/super-t-manufacturing/238041-kick-evolv-coming-super-t.html

Last edited:

charmed412

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
constant state of confusion
Nothing is better then a VV in my opinion. Every juice and carto/atty has a sweet spot. I simply would never buy a fixed volt ever again. Though, they are great for noobs!

They are great for more than just noobs. Vaping is subjective and is different for everyone. I have a VV tube mod. I like it. I use it, but my top line up daily on my desk are my SB's, my Omega, my triple V, and my Reo mini. And I have been at this for over a year so hardly a noob. They are just solid Pvs that work every time.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
How could you not mention the best, the GGs?:confused:

I've owned the rest fwiw, I like keeping a Chuck and SB around when PV loss is a possibility in a situation and I never liked the bottom buttons, I sold my slims for that reason......:thumb:

And the Grip is the best bottom feeder IMO.......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread