Battle of the Sexes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
well your starting at such a high #.......it would have to be quick......I don't like quickies...............:p

Well, I am reminded of an old joke about an old bull and a young bull, on top of a hill. The young bull says "hey, let's run down there and, ahem,'meet', one of them cows" The Old bull says in reply "let's walk down there and 'meet' ALL of 'em"

:D

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
OK, so this is a little shameless, at this point. But some of you former gender-battlers must still have some competitive juices looking for an outlet. So I'll just plop down the post I made in the "join our group" sticky up a few centimeters above this very thread (cause I'm lazy):

Hi, all! I'm not here to promote a group, but, rather a mere thread in the Lounge. My name is Becky, and I am a music addict. There, I've said it. There's a wonderful little music game going on in said lounge, with the very creative title of "the music game". Here's a link to it: Music Game. It's very simple. You just use any one of the words in the last posted song, and play another song including that word. Before you do, though, go up to the "search thread" bar to make sure your song has not already been played because duplicates and covers don't count. If it's new, write the song's title first, then it's band/artist. Since we'd all love to actually hear the song, if possible, use these instructions - How-to: Add images / videos to post the youtube or vimeo video of your song. Isn't it a blast to listen to tunes while you vape your favorite juices? Don't they go together like PB&J? Well, why aren't you playing, already?!? Music nuts of the world, unite and take over:toast:!!

Let's be honest, we on this particular forum maybe have more addictive personalities than the general population, right? Why not get hooked on the music game?

Last edited:

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Texas
Becky, is there a way to only search one thread on ECF (as opposed to searching the whole site)???

I haven't had a lot of luck getting ECF's search engine to find "already posted" songs over there. I'm no slouch when it comes to searching for things on the net and, even though I search with applicable quotes ... it very often doesn't turn up. Unless you either start a new game (with the freakin' rules posted in the OP would be a huge help to folks joining in) or tell the rest of us how to successfully search that huge thread, I'm losing interest. These kinds of things should be fun to do and more focused on the music than on the rules, imo.

It's fun ... but, I'm just sayin'.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey, Fizzy! Yeah, I'd sure agree that it's about the MUSIC (but I'm thinking, just perhaps, that's already come across:p.) Up at the top of the page of any thread you're browsing, there are thread tools, one of which is "search thread". It has a drop down arrow with a search bar just for searching inside that one thread. So, if you just enter "Willie Nelson" (just for instance;)), you'd see every Willie Nelson song that's been played in the long history of the game. I sure think that a lot more vapers/chatters here would enjoy the game than are currently playing. Well, hope that helps. And tell a friend:p!

Last edited:

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
Some of us were just fine with gender bashing!!! The numbers went up... the numbers went down.... everybody understood this, even
the gals!!! I long for the days when things were so simple.. Im just kidding here, It's a good suggestion, but it sounds like a game that would be alot more fun if we were there when it started.(the music game) Maybe we could turn this thread into gender jokes or something? I mean who doesn't have a bad blonde joke or something like that to share....

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Some of us were just fine with gender bashing!!! The numbers went up... the numbers went down.... everybody understood this, even
the gals!!! I long for the days when things were so simple.. Im just kidding here, It's a good suggestion, but it sounds like a game that would be alot more fun if we were there when it started.(the music game) Maybe we could turn this thread into gender jokes or something? I mean who doesn't have a bad blonde joke or something like that to share....

True Thomasis... it is a game at it's core but there's more to it... I joined in a couple/few weeks ago and have been rewarded with great music that I hadn't heard before... you get to experience others' musical interests while sharing your own - in a game format. I find it quite enriching.

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
True Thomasis... it is a game at it's core but there's more to it... I joined in a couple/few weeks ago and have been rewarded with great music that I hadn't heard before... you get to experience others' musical interests while sharing your own - in a game format. I find it quite enriching.

I think someone has "caved" to the ladies..... Iv'e seen this happen countless times, we win and before you know it the girls have you feeling sorry for them... Just kidding, I do like music it just seems like alot of work for a little "enrichment". Maybe I'll feel different about it tomorrow. I'll go take a look at it, promise......:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread