Bauway Mega Cartomizer, 1.8 ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
I just stocked up on cartos and such with the purchase of my Maxi Roughstack, and as part of this I decided to check out the 1.8 ohm Bauway Mega Carto for 3.7 and down. I was really excited for these because of the resistance and size, I'm not too big on DC cartos anywhere but inside a tank (unless they're sporting at least 2 x's and an L). I received my package, more went to the post office to intercept it, and was off with my new toy(s).

I filled up one of these bad boys with my favorite RY4 (M+P RY4v2), and hit the road for some errands. I was getting pretty good TH out of them, and was starting to worry I might be getting sick as my throat was starting to get soar. Drank tons of water and all was well for about an hour, and I noticed I was getting less and less vapor. I refilled the one I was using and still not much vapor, tried a 4 ohm at 7.4 and I'm fine.

I noticed that when using these I start throttling back on vaping, which is why I get less vapor, because they make my throat soar/tickly...flavor is off with them too. I'm not sure if it's the polyfill they use or what, but every one I've tried is the same way with off flavor and I start getting hesitant to vape too much because my throat will get irritated.

I'm sure there are people somewhere that really like these, but they're not for me...and I can't recommend them to anyone. Compared to Smoketek and Boge the flavor is different, way different, and it irritates my throat (specifically the top of the back of my mouth). Very let down by these, and I might need to check out the 1.7 ohm resurrector as a better option, but for now Boge LR has to suffice for my 3.7 carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread