May 3, 2009
Columbia SC

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
The web site says "This is the new bottoms that are on the BB's."

Does this mean that the new BB (entire unit) will come with these, or do they have to be ordered separately?

Also, when do you expect to have smooth black BBs in stock again?

Yup the next run of BB's will have these bottoms, still don't condone using 6v but figured this would be a better option for those that ignore this warning and use unprotected cr2's -.-

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
ok... let's talk wattage!

Love using 510s with the pt at 5v. Possibly just a hair on the warm side.
Appears to be about 10.87 watts. agree?

Problem with that is they only last about 1 day... :(

So now if I'm going to apply about 6v it looks like an 801 would be comparable at about 10.29 watts (what the hell is an 801 anyway?). Maybe that's still going to be a touch warm?

I have a 901 adaptor and a couple of 901 attys and that should be 9.73 watts. Just right? -- I had 3 901's but I tried one of those at 5v (I think, maybe 6) and burnt it out right away or pretty quickly...

what to do? --> what to order up to try first?

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
This might be good news for the 3.7 crowd. The low ohm 510's (1.6 ohm) on the 3v setting using the BB PT will be very close to a fully charged 3.7v battery in terms of wattage (performance of about 4.1v)

Well, I get 4.2v off a fully charged battery (at least for a couple/few puffs). Not bad but not close to 5v. Do the 1.6 ohm attys last more than an hour or two?

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
Well, I get 4.2v off a fully charged battery (at least for a couple/few puffs). Not bad but not close to 5v. Do the 1.6 ohm attys last more than an hour or two?

I would only assume they were built to last otherwise the idea would have been ditched after the first attempt. Hopefully, they will be available to order tomorrow. The general idea was to create an atomizer that performs similar to 5v device, but instead with a single 18650 3.7v battery. No stacking No venting etc etc... I'm very excited to try these out :D

Did you order HV atomizers?

I haven't had any problems with the Joye 510s popping even @ 6v, to each their own though. They do heat up fast and have a tendency to burn flavors if the draw is too long.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Do report on the 1.6ohm ones.

HV attys would kind of defeat the purpose... Although I suppose a 3.5 ohm at 6v might work (8 watts). and might be a good balance between heat and longevity.

If you can run your 510s for a while at 5v then maybe there's hope and I just have lousy ones... Rob has been out of them for a while so I had ones from Cignot and Innovapor. I've got a bundle of them coming from Rob so we'll find out.

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
I probably vape the 510 @ 6v three days a week. I start from fresh battery until I have a substantial vapor drop off. 6v is not an all day everyday thing because of the battery life. I also have no bridge/no wick in all my 510s which makes the juice splash and pop on occasion. I can't use my t-tip because of this, so I have to use cheap plastic round tips with the mouth piece for protection :D

I will dedicate another atomizer for 6v though I don't want to lose my favorite one. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread