BBC UK ASH Fire-safe cigarette delay 'costing lives'

Status
Not open for further replies.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
BBC News - Fire-safe cigarette delay 'costing lives'

Anti-smoking campaigners say lives will be lost because of a delay in bringing in new self-extinguishing cigarettes.

Deborah Arnott, of anti-smoking group Ash, said the cigarettes would mean a "significant decline" in fire deaths.

Has anyone from the ECF or Any of the E-Cig vaping Sites contacted and asked Deborah Arnott if it is possible for ASH UK to make the same sort of Statement to the BBC about the Current situation regarding the Danger of the MHRA's Proposed Ban on E-cigs ?
If not could one of (Kristin ? Vocalek ? we have quite a few ) our very talented letter writers write a letter/ Article to her that could get us the same sort of National Coverage and ask her for the Views of ASH UK and if they would co-operate with us.
After all our aims are the same. Harm Reduction and an end to Cigarettes.

I'm going to post this to every Group i can think of as the Topic is in the National News Now and is an opportunity to add our Voice to the Media.
Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Fire safe cigarettes make some people who smoke ill very quickly. Let's add more toxins to cigarettes? There is also no evidence they 'save' lives. FSCs can still cause fires.

This is an issue for people who smoke rather than people who vape.
----
agreed - i've had some so-called "fire-safe" cigarettes completely burn when left in the ashtray and other packs have been overloaded with the chemicals to the point that they wont stay lit and make me ill (spent nearly a week feeling sick to my stomach from the chems in one pack before I figured it out, thanks to google).

The sad thing is that the ultimate in "fire-safe" is the ecig, yet they want them off the market.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Fire safe cigarettes make some people who smoke ill very quickly. Let's add more toxins to cigarettes? There is also no evidence they 'save' lives. FSCs can still cause fires.

This is an issue for people who smoke rather than people who vape.
----
Your missing the point. I am asking that,as ASH UK has access to the BBC and that article is on the BBC Today could we not enlist the Aid of ASH UK to make the same sort of Statement to the Media of the Dangers to Smokers by the MHRA's Proposed Ban on E-cigs as E-Cigs have no Tobacco at all.

westcoast2

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
London, UK
Your missing the point

Yes, I do that sometimes :)

On enlisting help. I believe ASH (UK) would support option 1. Also isn't it odd that they are not on the cc list for the MRHA consultation?

D Arnott (CEO/Director) Ash (UK) was included as a speaker in the NICE citizens council report where she whole heartedly supported NRT.
----

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
agreed - i've had some so-called "fire-safe" cigarettes completely burn when left in the ashtray and other packs have been overloaded with the chemicals to the point that they wont stay lit and make me ill (spent nearly a week feeling sick to my stomach from the chems in one pack before I figured it out, thanks to google).

So-called "fire-safe" cigarettes were the final straw for me.

That's when I started learning about e-cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread