BCC mega tanks come with 2 spare heads 1.8 & 2.5--which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
I am not so into "futzing" with things, I am not leaving it out of "future pursuits" but I don't want to wind coils or make wicks. I admire those of you who do! Wow, I have vision problems and also am short on patience anymore :(

So I content myself with replacing the head with the spare ones that come with the unit. I was laboriously saving the heads that came with the mini tanks and separately the mega tanks (iSmoka BCC mega or mini) and now have been told that the heads can go in either mega or mini, lol!

But now I notice that the little heads say on the pkg 1.8 ohms or 2.5 ohms (one of each comes with each tank). Which do I want and why?

Using either my trusty iTaste SVD or an eGo Twist or Vision Spinner. My ADV (I am something of a noob) is HHV "Cin City" and it seems to clog up the [coil?] after about 2 tanks, so after about 4-6 ml of vaping.

Thanks for any help. I am about to replace heads yet again (every couple days is a little frequent for me but I love vaping SO much "please don't judge" lol)

PHX in TX

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Using a variable power device allows the user to adjust the power going to the head up or down to find their sweet spot with a variety of different resistance delivery devices (heads, coils atty's ~ whatever).

Moe simple answer, it doesn't matter what ohm head you use, adjust the power up or down to find what you're looking for.

Dark, colored, thick or sweet juices will gunk up heads quicker than clear less sweet thinner juices.

Last edited:

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
There was a recent thread covering much the same question.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...does-matter-replacement-coil-heads-i-buy.html

The lower resistance coil will require less voltage to produce the same output as the higher resistance coil at a higher voltage will. However, the lower resistance coil will heat up faster than the higher resistance one will. Faster heating will produce vapor faster. Hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!

Are you sure about that? I'd think the lower resistance coil would have more mass, and would therefore heat up more slowly given the same watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread