Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Ok - I had to share. I just took a little vape break at work. I usually go to the little "smoking bench" outside - I have to go out there in order to avoid interruptions while I am on a vape break :) Anyways - a crazy looking fella approached me - kind of had the "freshly escaped an asylum" look going on and as he lit a cigarette he pointed at me wide eyed and stated "You better be careful! Those things are killing all sorts of people, all over! Just blowing all of their faces off!!!"

Really -_-

So I replied - no they are not "killing 'all sorts' of people and they - if used properly- are unlikely to blow and I added that I am just happy to not be lighting an object ON FIRE right by my face any longer. I also thanked him for his concern. He stared at me as if I were the devil....

Seriously? Did that REALLY just happen???

o_0

Even more peculiar had my MVP so it isnt even a cig-a-like or an ego....

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
Just goes to show what kind of fight were up against. Thousands of positive stories, then this one.

Yes , you'd think that after such debacles as "weapons of mass destruction war" etc. that people would have grown wise to governments scare mongering through to getting what delivers the best revenue stream .

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
People will hold on to any excuse to prevent a positive change in their lives.

Oh, I heard in passing from a guy that used to sell me peanuts outside the movie theater, that his sister's co-worker's uncle's cousin, twice removed died from one of those things exploding in his face. I'll just stick with my cigarette's * walks away, puffing in ignorant bliss*

The old adage, the easiest person to lie to, is yourself, fits.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Would have been even more hilarious if he had answered his cell phone while he was passing on his words of un-wisdom. then you could have warned him that his phone was just as unlikely to blow his face off since they both use basically the same technology.

Yep - FAR more incidents of cell phones blowing up - and yet people are afraid of ecigs....but no one ever has anything bad to say about cell phones.

It is quite obvious why. Cell phones make too much money. Ecigs are causing a stir in the industry too, but not in a good way. They make too much money for big tobacco not to have a monopoly on them. That is part of the reason why there is a public smear campaign against ecigs.

I guarantee you, we will see big tobacco putting out "safe" ecigs.... and they spend a fortune convincing the public that only THEIR ecigs are safe.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
I have a pretty good succses rate when it comes to that kind of remarks... I just point out to people that the tobacco firms and the medical firms are loosing billions to ecigs... Then they say "well yeah but"... Then i ask them what they would do if they owned the golden seagull and someone came along with a tastier burger that made you lose weight... Support it or try to make it illegal...

Then they always go like this

"Oooooooooh... I see... That means that?" Yup "damn those motha<beeeeeeeeeeeep!> can you hook me up with something good?"

And then i feel like im doing something illegal xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
I want, just so I'm prepared when this happens to me, to get a vamo with a built in laser.
You know, so you can reply - "oh, no - it's not gonna blow MY face off..."

(there really SHOULD be a laser option with the 134, don't you think?)

Rumor has it.....they're also good for mashing potatoes.....and brushing teeth....!!!:D
Just DON'T point it at AIRCRAFT!!!

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
Not even taking into account health related aspects of cigarette smoking, here are some other facts:

• An estimated 9,000 smoking-related fires in residential buildings occur each year in the United States.
  • While smoking-related fires account for only 2 percent of all residential building fires, they are the leading cause of fire deaths, accounting for 17 percent of fire deaths in residential buildings.

Overall, the fire death rate for residential smoking fires is substantially higher than that for residential nonsmoking fires, 27.6 deaths per 1,000 fires versus 3.2 deaths per 1,000 fires.

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/tfrs/v11i4.pdf

I have only heard of 3 battery related problems since I started vaping, and only one of those resulted in injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread