Be sure to drink your Ovaltine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Confusing title for some, I'm sure, but a read a little while ago about getting a secret decoder ring when you become a Reonaut and couldn't help myself.
Anywho, looks like your family is gaining a new member in the very near future. Just purchased a copper vein reo grand with brass rm2 and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!
I got my hands on an igo w a few weeks ago and fell in love with dripping immediately. Still use my tanks while on the go to work and play and such, but nothing beats the dependability of vapor and flavor of dripping.
I've always been a bit of a tinkerer, so the aspect of rebuilding tanks and such did appeal the inability to not play with stuff. The inconsistency, however, has been getting on my nerves recently. Nothing like building a fresh protank coil that plumes the night before, only to fire it back up on your way to work and having nothing but gurgling, stiff draws, or burnt hits. Now I'm rambling... back to the point.
The aspect of portability with the wonderful-ness of dripping sounds like a dream come true. I spent all of ONE DAY reading through Reoville and was sold immediately.
I'll stop rambling and open this up for conversation now (sick of hearing myself think...). Do have one question for you all though. Maybe not so much a question as looking for suggestions:
For my copper vein/brass rm2 setup I had planned on getting the espresso pawn cherry vapes drip tip - problem being the place I saw it is now out of stock. I've seen some of the beautz you folks are rocking and was hoping I could utilize your aesthetic eyes to complete the newest addition to my family.

I think that's all I wanted to say... for now

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Welcome and congrats on your FIRST REO purchase! Don't forget, once you get it, pics are a must!

And don't worry, the REO decoder ring is a lot better than the Little Orphan Annie one :p

Glad you liked your first RDA!
After the IGO-W, the RM2 will be a snap to build for you! The easiest build I have ever had.

As far as drip tips go, did you order your batteries from RTD yet? If not, they have a nice selection of drip tips there. To include the one you want, but it's OoS there too. :(

Last edited:

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Welcome and congrats on your FIRST REO purchase!

And don't worry, the REO decoder ring is a lot better than the Little Orphan Annie one :p <- this guy gets it :)

As far as drip tips go, did you order your batteries from RTD yet? If not, they have a nice selection of drip tips there. To include the one you want, but it's OoS there too. :(

That's where is was looking:( Ordered my aw imr18650 1600 mah batts from there when I first got my vamo v3 - wanted the higher amp limit knowing I'd be going the mechanical route soon enough. I was gonna order some 28awg wire and the cherry vape tip, then realized it was out of stock. Hoping to get some more suggestions to complete the look. Not sure now if I wanna go copper-brass-copper, match the drip tip to the brass rm2, or just go with something different but along the same color scheme.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Since you've gotten tired of the tanks and liked dripping, you're going to love this! I dripped for 2 years after I gave up on tanks. I was skeptical on the whole bottom-feed Reo thing but took the leap and it was mind blowing how much better this systems was!

Congrats and hang on while you wait for vap mail!

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Excellent choice. I like stylish brass with my stylish brass so I recommend....

Brass Drip Tips - Drip Tip Designz

They also have other types if you're not into metal.

They do have some gorgeous pieces, just not sure if I like brass tips or not - the stainless tips I've used sometimes leave a funky taste on my lips. I'd hate to drop the money on one of those tips only to not care for it; care to weigh in?

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Got a better picture of the steampunk brass tips by chance? I was eyeing that one earlier, but can't make out much of anything from that crappy photo on the cherry vapes site

this is the brass. i got one of the reddish cinder ones but it was pretty plain so i just tossed it in a drawer somewhere

the mottled effect on the surface is actually the driptip, not the lighting. my favorite driptip on my favorite rba on my favorite mod...
DSCN0650_zps822f299f.jpg

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
So :evil:YOUR:evil: the guy that depleted the coppervein stock down to zero before I finally decided that would be my backup...

:p

PM rob, redeyedancer, The site was out of stock on copper vein and I sent PM to rob with my paypal account email, had an invoice later that day and got the copper vein Reo 4 days later.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
So :evil:YOUR:evil: the guy that depleted the coppervein stock down to zero before I finally decided that would be my backup...

:p

I would say sorry, but my heart just wouldn't be in it :)

Side note: anyone else think Rob (yea, we're on a first name basis now lol) should start offering matching rm2's for a seamless look? That would be sweet, but for now I'll leave him be so my Woodie can get here sooner than later.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
From Wiki: On decoder rings

The most well-known example started in 1934 with the Ovaltine company's sponsored radio program Little Orphan Annie.[2] The fan club's member's handbook included a simple substitution cipher with a resulting numeric cipher text. This was followed the next year with a membership badge or pin which included a cipher disk - enciphering the letters A-Z to numbers 1-26. Similar badges and pocket decoders continued with the Captain Midnight radio and television programs.
So here's an Ovaltine Decoder Ring:
decoder_ring%281%29-X3.jpg

Here's the Reo Deocder Ring:
_MG_5990-M.jpg

I guess now I'll have to start on Rob for my Official Reonaut Badge. ..sigh...it just never ends..:(

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I would say sorry, but my heart just wouldn't be in it :)

Side note: anyone else think Rob (yea, we're on a first name basis now lol) should start offering matching rm2's for a seamless look? That would be sweet, but for now I'll leave him be so my Woodie can get here sooner than later.

Via PM he will provide a brass RM2 for your copper vein.

IMAG0060-L.jpg

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Via PM he will provide a brass RM2 for your copper vein.

IMAG0060-L.jpg

Yup, pm'ed him this morning - getting the brass rm2 and he's even drilling out the air hole to 1/16 for me.
I was thinking more along the lines of a copper vein rm2 for my copper vein reo grand. Or even just copper on copper vein. The brass looks nice, but a closer match would look even nicer. Then you get into all kinds of customizations, which would likely delay orders, which would delay my soon-to-be-mine woodvil even further.
Haven't even received my reo grand yet and the wait on my woodvil is already unbearable... I got THE BUG!!

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Excellent choice. I like stylish brass with my stylish brass so I recommend....

Brass Drip Tips - Drip Tip Designz

They also have other types if you're not into metal.

ooooh....shiny...pretty...

They do have some gorgeous pieces, just not sure if I like brass tips or not - the stainless tips I've used sometimes leave a funky taste on my lips. I'd hate to drop the money on one of those tips only to not care for it; care to weigh in?

I like'em...haven't noticed any funky taste but then again I like stainless too. The tall one is taller than your standard tip and makes for a cooler vape. I like the short one too but the vape is too warm for my taste. Here's some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread