Status
Not open for further replies.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Yea. I saw that one too. I just haven't been able to fall in love w a full size genesis yet. The Changling may the one I'm looking for but I'm not willing to risk that kind of $ to find out.
Just picked up a couple Protank II's and they seem good, at least for the $ and I'm waiting on 2 KF Lites. I want to find a good tank setup that doesn't leak or gurgle and vapes well. I'm hoping the kf's live up to the hype.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Well Springfield... You make one hell of a sales pitch! I just pulled to trigger on a three way trade... My Super-T ELA is going from Florida to California, a SS Chi is going from California to Ireland and a BBM Ti is going from Ireland to me here in Florida.

I think I made a good trade. :)

You made a great trade. You're gonna love it. It's not getting a fair shake right now because of the switch, and I think that issue has been vastly over-exaggerated.

photo (2).jpg

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Word straight from the bear is they are rhodium plated brass. Good stuff.

He has gone through a few different ways to fix the button and the one I believe he is building is a brass piece you will install yourself with magnets that replace the spring. That's all I know for now. The magnets are having to be custom made and it was a little over a month to get that completed. Should be soon.

I change my setup on my changeling from time to time just for fun but I do enjoy a sub ohm vape. Today I am using a 4/3 of .8 with 400 straw wick. I gotta say the flavor on this atty is just out of this world. I've owned cobras, zen stuff, AoE attys, GKMF, top fed gennys, ihybrids and I gotta say I enjoy the vape out of the changeling the most. Just my two cents

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
litecig has only 18350 mode left... i can't handle any more 350 mods, the way i vape... if i use Jasl's Micro Gen at .75 Ohms, I'm changing batts in an hour easy...
e six is out completely.
I have a new ELA in classies to trade for a 500 or 650 BBM Ti...

they do have Changelings..

Given how impatient the market is I think you'll find a trade soon.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Just fetched my new BBM Ti from the mail box and all I can say is... WOW!!!

That WOW is both good and bad...

The good WOW... It's absolutely stunning to look at, it weighs absolutely nothing, the machining is first rate and... it's f-ing titanium!

null_zpsef230087.jpg

Which, of course, brings be to the bad WOW... Yea, you've already guessed it, the switch. I had read that it was flawed and got hot but had not seen any explanation of the flaw or seem any pictures...
As soon as I pulled the switch apart the problem was immediately obvious. The entire button housing is completely insulated from the button/plunger, forcing 100% of the current through a thin little copper spring. Seriously, who would possibly think that passing current through the spring is a good design decision for a high end mech switch. Even the Chinese know better than that...

Of even greater concern, I don't see how a couple of custom magnets is going to solve the problem. IMO, it's needs a complete redesign of the switch that has the plunger making direct contact with the plunger hole in switch housing... At the very least, a new button/plunger piece that can make solid contact with the outer walls of the switch housing.

Anyway... Here are some pics of the switch housing interior...

Battery side...
null_zpsf404a638.jpg

Button side...
null_zps4a0bee4c.jpg

Button side w spring...
null_zps81fb6e4e.jpg

I'll reserved judgement on the fix until after I receive it.

Last edited:

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
If I understand right, the magnets are only part of the fix. He also machined new buttons/parts for it as well.

I have one pending the fix myself, hoping it gets out there soon and addresses the problem....

If there's a new button included, that increases my confidence substantially! :D

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
oh Pheww... then ... or not?

I'm getting $ for a BBM Ti.... now i can wait for the fix... are the vendors selling these as is? like Jas's?

and do they all have rhodium contacts or is that "latest" batch?

thanks for your expertise Jas,

i have never touched a BB product, but looks like he's heavy into making steam turbines now?

any updates on what DD is making Spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread