Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
If there's a new button included, that increases my confidence substantially! :D

Maybe not a new button. Here is the exact quote from him on FB.

"I have been machining the new parts that will go with this fix, the parts consist of a new insulator, a brass bushing and 3 magnets."

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Maybe not a new button. Here is the exact quote from him on FB.

"I have been machining the new parts that will go with this fix, the parts consist of a new insulator, a brass bushing and 3 magnets."

Ugg... In that case I know exactly what he's doing. It sound pretty close to my planned "1/2 assed ACE Hardware temp fix". For the kind of money these things retail for, he should be replacing the switches completely. Failing that, a new switch housing or button. A brass insert adds an unnecessary electrical connection. Hopefully he'll at least have the common courtesy to have the rhodium plated to prevent oxidization.

Guess there really is only one Perseas... That guy can get you spoiled...

Last edited:

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
Ugg... In that case I know exactly what he's doing. It sound pretty close to my planned "1/2 assed ACE Hardware temp fix". For the kind of money these things retail for, he should be replacing the switches completely. Failing that, a new switch housing or button. A brass insert adds an unnecessary electrical connection. Hopefully he'll at least have the common courtesy to have the rhodium plated to prevent oxidization.

Guess there really is only one Perseas... That guy can get you spoiled...

No idea. Reserving judgement until I have the unit in hand with the new switch.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Just an FYI... I worked out a nice workable temporary fix for the BBM Ti hot button issue. I've been using for a few hours now and it working better than expected. No hot button... Not even a warm button and it seems to be hitting on par with my P+ and PAPS LUX.

If you're interested, I put a simple "how-to" thread in the modding forum.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454553

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Wmx17eD.jpg

SP button.

To be honest I have never had a button in any mod I've used that doesn't get hot if you are running low enough ohm or have a short. I assume the TI fix is getting close

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
To be honest I have never had a button in any mod I've used that doesn't get hot if you are running low enough ohm or have a short. I assume the TI fix is getting close
I think I've experienced a hot button on each of my mechs too... but usually not that hot and certainly not hot every time. If I get a hot button on the P+ or LUX, it's either me hitting the button at a goofy angle or a sign that I need to clean the switch.

On the up side, it hasn't warmed up in the slightest since since I replaced the insulator with the bronze piece.

Thank you for posting the pic BTW.

Last edited:

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
That's one hell of an air hole... Damn... Is there a matching one on the other side?

Nice layout but looks big in the pics... How big is the air chamber?

The air chamber is pretty big. It has two air holes but you can slide the top cap to reduce the air holes. Also an option for a single air hole.

I saw that video for the fix. Looks nice.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
well ... now that it seems BBM is not making the SP anymore, its come down to a Ti, which is sort of the "latest greatest"... light but sturdy.

Even with "unobtainiums" like the Chi You, Caravela, et al, it seems we've plateaued...
I mean even if you don't have one of those, with whats available with a little luck (Lux, Nemesis, ELA, Poldiac, etc etc) we've tasted all the contact materials menu, all the bottom switch designs, tube/tele options.

Jas, is that "hole in your heart" for a SP filled with the Ti?

Personally, everything else being equal, I'd think Titanium IS the latest greatest element to add to the equation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread