Because it's for my wife....

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Mouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2010
Bay City MI
Looking for the "perfect" mod for my wife. Throw out all of the names you can. Taking all suggestions, but these are the parameters I have to use.

1) Size. This is the most important one. My wife is picky about size. For those of you who have one, she refers to the Prodigy V3 she currently uses as "The Man Cannon". I'm looking for an 18350ish kinda thing.

2) Simplicity. She does not care about any of the things most of us care about. Does it work? That's good enough. (I'll be doing all the fiddling/cleaning/etc.)

3) Looks. Simple is better. Clean lines and minimal "artwork". Would like something that looks hybridish with an RSST or is a genny hybrid. Barring that something that can flushmount a carto tank and look dead sexy. (Please include the name of said tank.)

4) Price. Cheaper is better, but not really an issue as this is going to be a Christmas gift. (Cheaper only because my wife is somewhat finicky and is just now wanting to try new stuff. When she figures out what she likes I'll go big. She's been using cartos since 2009 so everything is new to her at this point.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Malefilipinonurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Norwalk, Ca
The Dingo by Atmizoo and Kayfun lite combo. You did state you wanted something on the cheaper end but you honestly get what you pay for this particular mod. It's an elegant, simple looking device and IMHO fits your wants/needs for your wife. In addition, both Kayfun and Dingo are readily available.

Dingo SS-IM Mechanical Tube Mod | atmizoo vaping modware | shop

Kayfun Lite

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My college age daughter wanted her first mod setup for her birthday. She's not a smoker, but her BF and friends she hangs out with are. She wanted a mod so that she could vape no-nic flavors with them, and to vape while studying or relaxing. Since she began vaping 4 months ago, she has managed to convert her BF and a few of her friends over to vaping. One of her three non-smoking college roommates also just got an Ego to vape no-nic flavors after trying my daughter's mod out.

Of all of my nine mods, she liked my black AltSmoke BB the most. It's a smaller 14500 mechanical mod which was the right size for her, and she was excited that they come in pink and purple, too. It could fit easily in her purse. I got her a pink & purple BB for her (gotta have a backup), a Nitecore Intellicharer i2, four AW 14500 IMR batteries, four Innokin iClear 30 clearomizers in colors, and four bottles of no-nic e-liquid in the flavors she chose. I threw in a slightly used eGo carrying case, too.

AltSmoke BB
BB.jpg pinkblackandpurpleBBs.jpg

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Sigelei Zmax in 18350 mode. I have very small hands for a female. This zmax is also VV and VW as well!

Next to an old ego non VV 650 mAH batt in my hand:
oc2z.jpg

This is the full size in 18350 mode. It is telescoping so you can also use with 18490 and 18650s. They also sell just a "mini Zmax" which doesn't telescope and takes 18350s, about the same size mod as this

I had a pink BB, it was so pretty, but i really needed VV variable voltage. Vape was too weak for me.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
1) Size. This is the most important one. My wife is picky about size. For those of you who have one, she refers to the Prodigy V3 she currently uses as "The Man Cannon". I'm looking for an 18350ish kinda thing.
I guess I'll wade into this too. ;-)

So... the 23mm diameter is good? I'm asking because I'm thinking along the same lines as Bad. Many women tend to like a smaller diameter mod, with length being less, but still, a concern. For example, a Vaporart GP Piccolo/Spheroid combo. High end yes... but quite a nice bit of kit. :)

piccolo_1_0.jpg

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I know one thing...... as a vaper guy surrounded by vaping women...they certainly do like to be fashionable and color coordinated. With this in mind, I would think if she wants something more than an ego, what Baditude suggests may be the way to go.

Mine ( Im talking 5 women all together here) will thumb their nose up at my Provari's unless they are wrapped in pink/purple or neon green. They prefer the egos in wild colors with skirts and lanyards and mustaches and sequins and rhinstones.. AAHHH !!!!

They finally started using my old SVD's and MVP but they had to order wraps before they would take them outside of the house !!

Anyway, Im going to show them Bads suggestion soon. Maybe get them some glitter glue....:D

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
Small, simple, inexpensive and effective. Take your pick. Natural, Bagua and Piccolo. Ignore the drippers if you're looking for a tank. If you want the Bagua, you'll have to do some fiddling before it's as nice as it can be, so if you're not mechanically inclined, I'd suggest one of the other 2.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
That's funny. My wife and daughter just want SS or black. One less thing to color coordinate I guess. ;-)

I'm a "Southern woman" and while I have lots of PVs in lots of colors...I have gotten to the point I mostly only use the black and silver ones. Or my wood ones. I do like my one copper colored tube (fits eGo T Mod, Evic and SID) but still don't use it as much as the basic mods. I also prefer the 18350 size...or a box mod style.

The Vmod V2 is diminutive and "stealthy" and has a classy shape. It's a bottom feeder. Takes the 14500 batteries. Nice APV and might work out good for your wife. Find them at Vapage. Can't use carto tanks on them, though.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Heres my suggestion:

Provari mini.

-Its really small. The normal size provari, is smaller than a Vamo in 18350 mode. The Provari Mini, is even smaller than that. The pictures dont have anything for scale, so you should check out the provari forum, the thread, "pics of provari in hand" to get an idea of how small the provari mini is. Its petite for sure. (Also, there are a couple of options out there now for making it bigger to accept 18490 and 18650 batts, in case she wants more battery life in the future)

-Its incredibly simple to use, and assuming dont run sub ohm, it just plain works.

-Its nearly indestructable. Drop it, kick it, smash it, run over it, drop it from a motorcycle, throw it fifteen feet onto concrete.. it just keeps on going.

-Colors galore. Silver if shes a plain and stealth kinda woman, or pink, purple, bronze etc etc if she wants some pop. Really every color looks sharp. Even if you dont like a particular color, the hues they chose, the coating they use, they all look great. Also comes in polished now.

-Its got a 1yr warranty and lifetime service after that.

A lot of options for delivery devices for different looks. If the Kayfun is something your wife would be into using(or you could build it for her), then a Kayfun and a Kaynfun Pro Ring will give it the hybrid look. Further, a Silver Provari and the Brushed Kayfun 3.1 or Kayfun mini are a real close match, and now that they have polished, the Polished and a Kayfun 3.1 polished will match nicely as well. Almost seamlessly flush looking with the polished pro ring.

Furthermore, the pro-ring. It can make lots of devices into a provari hybrid. Notably, the Aga-T2, which has colored glass tank tubes available to match whatever provari you choose. Also, there is a whole plethora of Carto Tanks which will sit flush with a pro ring. IBTanked tanks are oft suggested to new Prov owners. Im a fan of Jtanks myself. The 3ml will sit flush with the taper, and the 5ml/3ml/triple anodized tanks will sit flush with a pro ring.

Personally, I think it fits all your criteria and would be a perfect setup. My opinion anyway,.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Heres my suggestion: Provari mini.

Its really small. The normal size provari, is smaller than a Vamo in 18350 mode. The Provari Mini, is even smaller than that. The pictures dont have anything for scale, so you should check out the provari forum, the thread, "pics of provari in hand" to get an idea of how small the provari mini is. Its petite for sure. (Also, there are a couple of options out there now for making it bigger to accept 18490 and 18650 batts, in case she wants more battery life in the future)

-Its incredibly simple to use, and assuming dont run sub ohm, it just plain works.

-Its nearly indestructable. Drop it, kick it, smash it, run over it, drop it from a motorcycle, throw it fifteen feet onto concrete.. it just keeps on going.

-Colors galore. Silver if shes a plain and stealth kinda woman, or pink, purple, bronze etc etc if she wants some pop. Really every color looks sharp. Even if you dont like a particular color, the hues they chose, the coating they use, they all look great. Also comes in polished now.

-Its got a 1yr warranty and lifetime service after that.

A lot of options for delivery devices for different looks. If the Kayfun is something your wife would be into using(or you could build it for her), then a Kayfun and a Kaynfun Pro Ring will give it the hybrid look. Further, a Silver Provari and the Brushed Kayfun 3.1 or Kayfun mini are a real close match, and now that they have polished, the Polished and a Kayfun 3.1 polished will match nicely as well. Almost seamlessly flush looking with the polished pro ring.

Furthermore, the pro-ring. It can make lots of devices into a provari hybrid. Notably, the Aga-T2, which has colored glass tank tubes available to match whatever provari you choose. Also, there is a whole plethora of Carto Tanks which will sit flush with a pro ring. IBTanked tanks are oft suggested to new Prov owners. Im a fan of Jtanks myself. The 3ml will sit flush with the taper, and the 5ml/3ml/triple anodized tanks will sit flush with a pro ring.

Personally, I think it fits all your criteria and would be a perfect setup. My opinion anyway,.

You mean THIS?

Mini Provari 2.jpg Mini Provari v2.jpg IBTanked_Std_22mm_Tank.jpg

Last edited:

War Mouse

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2010
    Bay City MI
    Thanks for all the suggestions, and if you have any new ones that haven't been mentioned yet, keep them coming. Color would most likely be plain, ss or black or maybe a brass note here or there, but nothing flashy. She's a teacher and wants something small and effective to use (discretely) while at school. We don't want to be influencing the children now do we. I'm going to start researching all of the current ones now. A few so far I've never heard of, which is what I'm looking for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread