Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
9e86975343a7332b2cbf171dac71b587.jpg

Tapatyped
I see that truck EVERYWHERE!

Seriously, a plain white Volvo 780 seems to be about the most ubiquitous truck on the road these days. Can you get some vape graphics for the side please? :D

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The trailer will be the tell tale.

Unless I'm pulling a land star trailer at the time.

But the blue and yellow stripes and eagle van lines printed on the side pulled by a truck not plastered by tandom, goofy graphics would most likely be me.

We have 2 trucks with very simple graphics around the name "general transportation" on the doors.

We have two others that don't have graphics... One of which is only a matter of time and the other will be getting general transportation shortly, I believe. Both of which rarely, if ever, leave the I 95 corridor.

I don't think they've ever been past Texas at all.

All of our trailers are numbered with the letter T followed by 3 digits in royal blue also.

Doesn't help that all volvo trucks look identical and share parts, either.

For example; that volvo is a 630. The cab and bunk don't have the extra height inside or a top bunk for a rider/partner. Basically the only difference from a 630 to a 670 or 780.

The 600 series is the long haul series whereas the 700 series (780) is the heavy haul series IIRC.

Most of what you see on the highway is likely the 670.

Mine just has a roof scoop so wind doesn't hit the top of the trailer for aero to save on fuel.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
So something like this would be out of the question?

Kl1z4te.jpg
Considering how much I've fought to keep the companies silly ... random graphics off my truck, yeah. Lol
How far west do ya travel?
I'm currently in route to San Diego from Maryland.

So all the way.

Took one load from a block off the Atlantic to a block off the Pacific last summer. Could have got sand between my toes from each coast without stopping traffic.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
We are from GA but live in the desert in SoCal now. If you're ever on hwy 86 between Thermal and Salton City, hit us up! :)
I'll try to keep that in mind. Thanks.

Be for warned. My memory is shorter than my member, though.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The desert is awesome 9 months outta the year. Bad Ninja and I have been out here almost 5 years.
I've noticed that myself. Even considered moving. But with the kiddos, that's probably a bit more distance from family than we want to drag them.

Still tempting.

One thing that tickles my fancy is the phrase "but it's a dry heat". New Orleans one week and Chino to San Diego the next cleared up just what that phrase actually means.

I mean New Orleans feels 10 degrees hotter when it's 10 degrees cooler than MIAMI. The difference between there and SoCal can't be explained in words...

Tapatyped

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
That's another advantage to being out here, family can't just stop by for a visit! They have to let ya know in advance. That way you control the outcome lol. We don't have any family out here it's just the three of us. Our lil guy is 10 we homeschool him.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Our little guy is 3...

They're great at that age.

Our oldest is 11.

Their grandparents have some issues and can't travel that far at all. One's missing a leg from an accident and the others have reconstructed and fused spines, legs, shoulders and sinuses as well as other issues and fixed incomes.

Otherwise, there'd be nothing stopping us.

The nuisance family members are already far enough they don't visit.

I agree. It's nice. :D

Tapatyped

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
One thing that tickles my fancy is the phrase "but it's a dry heat".
So is an oven, and an oven will kill you a lot faster than a sauna.

I mean New Orleans feels 10 degrees hotter when it's 10 degrees cooler than MIAMI. The difference between there and SoCal can't be explained in words...
Nope, it has to be experienced. One August a lotta years ago, my son (who was a cute 9 years old at the time) and I were heading WB on I-15 toward SoCal. The AC in my car quit as we were passing through Vegas. I had to be in Bakersfield the next morning, so instead of trying to get it fixed in Vegas, we pressed on, the whole way with the windows barely cracked open 'cause the outside air was so hot, it produced wind-chill in reverse; I refer to it as blast furnace effect. :eek:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
So is an oven, and an oven will kill you a lot faster than a sauna.

Nope, it has to be experienced. One August a lotta years ago, my son (who was a cute 9 years old at the time) and I were heading WB on I-15 toward SoCal. The AC in my car quit as we were passing through Vegas. I had to be in Bakersfield the next morning, so instead of trying to get it fixed in Vegas, we pressed on, the whole way with the windows barely cracked open 'cause the outside air was so hot, it produced wind-chill in reverse; I refer to it as blast furnace effect. :eek:
And in this example, Vegas is a sauna, Miami is a commercial vegetable steamer, Bakersfield is an oven and New Orleans is a turkey frier.

I hate New Orleans. It sticks to your skin for a week of 2 showers a day.

Blech... spit... [emoji14] yuck

Then again I'm a dark haired polar bear.

Tapatyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread