Becoming a vape reviewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinC13

Feb 20, 2016
I am really wanting to become a vape reviewer, but have no idea how to do so. If there are any reviewers on here I would love some advice on how to get vendors to supply you with the equipment to review, what's the best way to get your name out there, the best software to edit videos, and any other helpful tips. I would be so thankful for help on how to do this.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I would approach vendors individually, offer to submit some write-ups on spec (free of course) and see how they like your work.

Have a few friends with these arrangements, they are very good writers and ability to succinctly explain technical workings of things, in a way that will appeal to *all learning styles* (visual, audio, kinestetic, etc.) is what makes a good reviewer.

If you are only going to do video reviews, then best to submit some samples as well. Good lighting, good technique, good practices (like clean fingernails for instance). Best way is to watch some that you think are good and determine WHY they are.

Here was one on rebuilding eroll atties that I thought was good (from a long time ago). Some people like "personalities".....I just happen to like well put together technical videos:

I've watched a number of these eroll ones, and RJs was the absolute most easy to understand, complete, good pace, and fully explanatory.

Or, if you don't want to approach vendors, start putting your reviews out there, and if they are good, people WILL notice. :) You don'tt have to ask permission.

Last edited:

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Reviewers start out reviewing on their own dime. They buy equipment to review and end up selling it if they don't keep it. Over time, the value of their work is recognised and companies seek them out. No company is going to send free equipment to someone with zero followers in their interest category on the pretense of a review. If they did, they'd have everyone clamouring at their door for free stuff under the pretense of being a reviewer. Companies look to established reviewers because of their hit counts and want reviewers with tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of viewers. It's a form of advertising for them.

From my perspective with a background in photography, most good cameras will do the job. Where lots of reviewers fail to look professional is in their lighting, staging, rehearsal and editing. PBusardo is the best at all of it. igetcha69 is a close second. The vast majority of reviewers just do a sad job of it. One of my favorite Youtube reviewers is for airguns but his editing is so choppy and rehearsal is so poor, it really distracts from his videos.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
To be honest more and more people are turning away from vape reviewer's as basically few of them can be trusted that spending good money buying the equipment to maybe become one is not worth it. Forums are where it is for a growing number of people and good written reviews I think are the way to go but good luck whichever way you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread