Been away a LONG time. Is there any market for classic Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Hey all, very few will remember me but I was one of the earlier on adopter mainstays here years ago, especially in the REO and mech mod arenas. Spent thousands on mods back then, but I don't regret it as it helped me kick a 23 year .... habit. I still have several higher end devices from about 5-8 years ago that I will never use again but enjoy looking at. I wonder if there is any market at all for 'classic' higher end devices amongst today's members?

I am talking about REO Woodvilles and REO Grands, Bogger Boxes, SUPER T ELA, Atom mechs, Provari Minis, carto tanks and carts and a couple others that I don't even remember the name of but were THE THING back in the day LoL.

I may let go of them if there is a market at all for them amongst today members. Just curious if there is a renaissance yet for these things.

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Once this mail ban takes effect, there may be a market for anything that works. Five years isn't old enough to be vintage. I'm sure a lot of preppers on this forum have stuff that old in their stash. But a lot of people are just now realizing that they will not be able to get supplies anymore and come this fall, it's probably going to be worse. Any working equipment at a decent price will sell.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome back,
    The classifieds have changed.
    Member Classifieds and Swaps

Browse some of the listings and see how it looks. (remember to look at wanted and closed)

Spare parts and hard to get "gems" from the past always seem to be in high demand, if the price is right.

Cheers
    I

pt91

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    Hey all, very few will remember me but I was one of the earlier on adopter mainstays here years ago, especially in the REO and mech mod arenas. Spent thousands on mods back then, but I don't regret it as it helped me kick a 23 year .... habit. I still have several higher end devices from about 5-8 years ago that I will never use again but enjoy looking at. I wonder if there is any market at all for 'classic' higher end devices amongst today's members?

I am talking about REO Woodvilles and REO Grands, Bogger Boxes, SUPER T ELA, Atom mechs, Provari Minis, carto tanks and carts and a couple others that I don't even remember the name of but were THE THING back in the day LoL.

I may let go of them if there is a market at all for them amongst today members. Just curious if there is a renaissance yet for these things.
    Welcome back. I come and go here as well. I spent quite a bit in the early days on things I sometime use as well. Every few years I dust them off and try them out. IMO things just got easier and I tend to use the things I have used day in day out that I acquired more recently. Doesn't mean I don't have some emotional attachment to the make of the early mods.
    I think there may be some places on FB to unload them. I sold many but keep quite a few.

Last edited:

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2020
    AZ
    I'd be curious just to see them, and know your thoughts on what's changed and evolved.

Not a lot of design objects have undergone rapid iteration as in the vape world. Knifes maybe... the sheer variety. I was looking at a thread on another forum that had so many pictures of mods, and they didn't even scratch the surface.

There's a cool book in this I'd bet!

AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    I have several REO Woodies and Pdibs littl'sumpins, I've thought about parting with them. Then I tell myself where would I get another, best you could hope for is a cheap chinese knockoff and now they can't even ship them. No, I'm going to hang on to my classics.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    There isn't a premium price, but there are people who still consider them premium mods. Me, I have a massive collection of mech squonkers - but I still might pick up a unique woodville or something I never got back then... It's a matter of finding the audience, really!
    On Facebook, there's "old vapers" and things like that, along with the usual.
    I didn't find any interest in my top-tier carto-tanks, so still have most of them. :)

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia

The market for classic mods is simmering. Will grow big in the next few years imo.
    Hang on to your woodies for now if you want to make more cash but if you just want to sell and not lose money you won't have a problem. American made classics like REOs will be sought after.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither

I quite vaping 1.5+ years ago, but spent over $30K on vaping gear and supplies for them over around a 6.5 year run. Most bought where authentic gear, not clones. I still have 99.9% of all the gear bought in boxes, including 37 Reos, a box full of Provari gear, same with VapourArt GP PAPS mods and toppers, many other Euro and other top gear brands in their era. And some collectable prototype mods and atty's, some truly vintage pristine collectable mods and boxes full of spare parts, supplies for the gear and lab gear and enough supplies for nic free DIY for at least 10 years. But I have no interest in selling any of it. To me it's not worth the bother of running ads, dealing with those who want everything for a give away price, and especially dealing with packaging and shipping anything anywhere. Will there be a black market for vape gear in the US after the inevitable that is coming? Maybe, but with the vape products shipping bans taking effect in the US who knows. This is my choice not someone else's, so it doesn't matter if anyone disagrees. YMMV

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I quite vaping 1.5+ years ago, but spent over $30K on vaping gear and supplies for them over around a 6.5 year run. Most bought where authentic gear, not clones. I still have 99.9% of all the gear bought in boxes, including 37 Reos, a box full of Provari gear, same with VapourArt GP PAPS mods and toppers, many other Euro and other top gear brands in their era. And some collectable prototype mods and atty's, some truly vintage pristine collectable mods and boxes full of spare parts, supplies for the gear and lab gear and enough supplies for nic free DIY for at least 10 years. But I have no interest in selling any of it. To me it's not worth the bother of running ads, dealing with those who want everything for a give away price, and especially dealing with packaging and shipping anything anywhere. Will there be a black market for vape gear in the US after the inevitable that is coming? Maybe, but with the vape products shipping bans taking effect in the US who knows. This is my choice not someone else's, so it doesn't matter if anyone disagrees. YMMV

That is truly your prerogative. You might change your mind in the future when people are not wanting you to give it away for next to nothing, but instead are willing to pay top dollar for it. Perhaps even more than what you paid new. I'm not saying that's going to happen, but that's one possible scenario. It's still your choice, though.

• Agree
    Reactions: Fidola13

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    ITy4FjI.gif

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Another thought to toss in here maybe about the black market selling of vape gear and being able to ship after the shipping bans take effect. Some vapers will find a way and wouldn't be the first (or the last) interest group to ship from private party to private party under the radar of shipping carriers policies.

jotohomomoto

Jun 19, 2014
    United States
    u wouldn't happen to have Panzer Mechanical by MCV?? That was my daily driver and they are no where I've seen. I was so ignorant back when mechs were the ONLY way to get a decent hit. I remember when the DNA30 Shark came out and everyone was like; "wow!! 50W!!" so mechanical mods w/RDAs & DIY coils were the only game in town. Now I happily rock a sub-ohm tank with factory coils on a regulated 200W box mod, bc they're the ....!!! LOL
    da classique - Imgur.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread