Been vaping for almost three months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesa

Aug 9, 2011
Illinois
Hello All,

Been vaping for approximately three months. I have finally narrowed down finding juice that I like and now am working on finding the best blanks for my 808 that can be boiled an re-used. Seems that after boiling that the flavor of my juice no longer comes through. I'm thinking maybe I should be filling with a syringe instead of just using a dropper??? Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks!

tornadosiren

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
Pennsylvania
It has been my experience with boiling cartomizers that sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. I would say that I can effectively use a boiled cartomizer a bit over half the time. Meaning if I boil 20 of them, around 13 will be viable. The rest are chucked in the bin. They are designed to be disposable, so attempts to reuse them are met with only partial success. I have always just dripped to refill, so cannot speak for how a syringe would work. I cannot imagine it would make much of a difference though.

welcome to the forum Lesa-
like others have mentioned...cartos are meant to be disposable..
that said, occasionally i will try to clean them(like if they are brand new and the juice i used em them doesnt take to tasting well in a carto)
I dont boil them though, i use a syringe in a matter much like the cartofillinator showcased on these forums with hot water and flush them out several times, blow them out, then bake em in the over an the lowest setting for about 30 minutes(on a cookie sheet of course)
USUALLY they survive the encounter

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Hi Lesa,

Here is a video if you jump to 4:48 it will show you a quick cleaning method. You can then put them in the oven for drying.

I use this sometimes, but lately I've been using this cleaning kit, using a high proof vodka rinse. Works quite well, and dry overnight. Here's link to SmokTek's thread.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread