Before I finalize my purchases, would like to make sure this Pulse 80W squonk setup will work proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Vapcell Gold 20700 is the battery I use the most in the Pulse 80W.

I will not buy another Nitecore charger. At least not for a while. They were top of the line five years ago but they've gone downhill in QC.

I use two Efest LUC 2 chargers, now. Having two 2-bay chargers gives me 4-bay capability and redundancy. If one dies, the other (hopefully) charges on while I hunt a replacement.

Reactions: dennism

Frogzx

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
USA

I will not buy another Nitecore charger. At least not for a while. They were top of the line five years ago but they've gone downhill in QC.

I use two Efest LUC 2 chargers, now. Having two 2-bay chargers gives me 4-bay capability and redundancy. If one dies, the other (hopefully) charges on while I hunt a replacement.
Yeah I would prefer an Efest charger but it's almost twice the price, so hopefully Nitecore can tide me over for now.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas

Love my efest charger. I had a nitecore that finally kicked the bucket. The efest is so much better.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Are you all sure the 30x4/40g quad core will fit in the Recurve's posts? Just want to be sure before ordering, otherwise i'll just order the smaller size.
Should be fine. Most new attys are designed to fit large wire. I would suggest 20700 batteries. I use them in my Pulse BFs and they are great. Any new mods I get are gonna be 20700/21700.

Frogzx

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
USA
Should be fine. Most new attys are designed to fit large wire. I would suggest 20700 batteries. I use them in my Pulse BFs and they are great. Any new mods I get are gonna be 20700/21700.
Ah okay, awesome. And yeah I just ordered some 20700's and a new charger just in case since it was pretty cheap. One last thing, the Pulse 80W says it has a .3 ohm minimum limit but I was originally going to order coils that were .319, do I need to have one less wrap/do 3.0 instead of 3.5mm to make sure it's under .3 ohms?

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Ah okay, awesome. And yeah I just ordered some 20700's and a new charger just in case since it was pretty cheap. One last thing, the Pulse 80W says it has a .3 ohm minimum limit but I was originally going to order coils that were .319, do I need to have one less wrap/do 3.0 instead of 3.5mm to make sure it's under .3 ohms?
If anything it would have to be over .3 although I don't see why they would do that. Seems like a really high minimum

Frogzx

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
USA
If anything it would have to be over .3 although I don't see why they would do that. Seems like a really high minimum
Maybe I worded it wrong aha. It says the acceptable ohm range is between .05 and .3, so I assumed .319 would just not fire.

Edit: I cant read, it says 3.0 ohms not 0.3 orz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread