The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Beginner: DYI with LorAnn Super Strength Flavors

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Asmani, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Asmani

Asmani Senior Member

May 18, 2018
    Iran
    I got a 1 litre Wizard Vapes 70/30 e-liquid base and 3 LorAnn Super Strength Flavors. STRAWBERRY KIWI, BLACKBERRY and APPLE. What is the process of making the juice? I'm thinking of starting with 1% STRAWBERRY KIWI. I also have some 100 mg/ml nicotine. Any relevant links are also appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    You will need several things before you even start to make juice.
    Things like
    Bottles to mix in and hold finished product
    Some way to measure ingredients (like syringes or at least the cylinders that show mm/cc markings)
    gloves--latex or similar
    Paper/pen to write down everything you mix and to keep track of your mixes(for future reference) on what works for you and what doesn't. And to have your final recipe for using again in the future.
    Extra pg and vg (unless that is what your litre of wizard is)
    And lastly a free online ejuice calculator.

Hope this helps.

:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Asmani

Asmani Senior Member

May 18, 2018
    Iran
    Thanks. I have the stuff except gloves, which is easy to get a pair. I'm looking for the process, shaking, steeping, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    First you need to figure the exact amount of each ingredient you want to use. Here is a free calculator to help you do that. Highlight what you wish to select....ie. Your base nic level(first line under recipe name--which is not needed) so you would highlight the pg and change value, ect and at the nic portion change it to 100(if that is what you purchased)
    Then enter the target nic level you wish to end up with. etc and so on. Enter your flavor(s) and what % you want....
    And follow it on down until you see the finished recipe(at bottom of page)

Steeping depends on what flavors are used. You just have to test all of that yourself. If it taste good vape it.

Ejuice Calculator

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    It would help if you let us know a little more about these things below.

Do you mean you bought a litre of plain VG and plain PG...already mixed together for you at a ratio of 70VG/30PG?
    Using the term "e-liquid" for it is a little misleading, since that usually means it's a finished, ready-to-vape, liquid. Maybe "eliquid base" would be a better term for it, if it's just a VG/PG mixture.

What is the base in that 100mg/mL nic? Is it 100% VG, or 100% PG, or some combination of them? It should be on the bottle of nic base you got.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Asmani

Asmani Senior Member

May 18, 2018
    Iran
    Yes, thanks. I edited my post.
    It is 50/50 VG/PG.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    @Asmani - OK...great. You got those 2 things cleared up.

Only other thing I don't see that you'll need to know is...what nic level do you want your finished eliquid to be? That will determine how much of your 100mg/mL nic base you'll use in it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Strawberry-kiwi sounds nice. The good news on that one is many berries don't need a ton of steeping (not sure about kiwi) but it may be a shorter steep.

With a mix generally unless it's a known shake and vape flavor, I'll steep for at least 4 days or so before I even think of trying it and now I'm on a mixing schedule, I'll wait at least 10 days but most of my mixes steep for far longer. Unless you have a flavor that fades (lemons, sometimes mints) it's usually fine to steep longer. If you test right away, sometimes you'll get something you think is good, and it may or may not be, but often flavor will seem to vanish for the next week, and you haven't done anything wrong if so, it's just the flavors starting to blend with all the other ingredients, so if that happens, put it aside for a bit.

You can use things to "decrease" steep times (it may not even be necessary with your strawberry kiwi mix, like a magnetic stirrer, heat, or an ultrasonic cleaner. I've occasionally done a "quick and dirty" heat steep if mixing for others, but I just use Very Hot tap water and sit the mix in there for 30 minutes to an hour to get things going.

I personally prefer time, the occasional shake, and etc. It's just more consistent for me that way. Some rapid steep methods can mute some flavors.

And yes, learning to use a juice calculator is pretty essential. There are many good ones so you might want to check a few out and see if you feel "confident" in your math (it's kind of like algebra working backwards, you put in your target mix and then work backwards to make sure you are adding what you need to). Best of luck,

Anna

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Good choices so far. Might want to read and re read until it sinks in:
    dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
    diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
    DIY e-liquids. learn how to make your own e-liquids
    The Ultimate Guide on How To Make Vape Juice & E-Liquid
    https://godofsteam.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/getting-started-diy-101-mixing-your-own-eliquid/
    http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/525m5m/a_beginners_guide_to_making_the_most_highlyrated/
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/what-you-need-to-know-as-as-far-as-supplies-and-safety-for-the-first-time-juicer.5096/
    I like this calculator because all my recipes are in the cloud and backed up on my computer:
    https://ecigvape.com/e-liquid-calculator-with-pgvg-adjusting
    Note that each single recipe is bookmarked in my browser.

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    @Asmani - Here's just an example of what you'd mix together...using only what you have available (your VG/PG eliquid base, 100mg/mL nic base, and your flavoring).

I used this calculator to do it:
    E-Liquid Combining Calculator

Let's say you wanted to make a 30mL bottle of Strawberry-Kiwi eliquid (with 1% flavoring)...to end up being as close as possible to a 70VG/30PG ratio, and at 3mg nic. Since you don't have any separate plain VG nor plain PG...the finished mL total, the VG/PG ratio, and the nic mg will be just a tiny bit different. It shouldn't be even noticeable when you vape it, IMO.

You'd Mix:

Eliquid Base (70VG/30PG) - 28.5mL
    100mg/mL Nic base (50VG/50PG) - 0.9mL
    LorAnn Strawberry-Kiwi (100%PG) - 0.3mL

Result would be:
    Finished E-Liquid = 29.7 ml
    Nicotine Level = 3.03mg
    VG/PG Ratio = 68.69VG/31.31PG

That's very close to 30mL of finished Strawberry-Kiwi eliquid @ 70/30 ratio and 3mg nic.

By just slightly changing what you input into the calculator (and seeing how those changes affect the total mL, the VG/PG ratio, the nic mg, and flavoring %)...you can easily have adjusted recipes for different sized batches, different finished nic mg, and different % you'd like to use for your flavoring(s).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Asmani

Asmani Senior Member

May 18, 2018
    Iran
    I assume my flavors are those "shake and vape" types. I will save the juice for a few weeks and see if the taste gets better. Right now I went up to 6% flavor and it tastes fairly good. Thanks all, much to be learned and experimented.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.