Beginner question: Lava Tube and tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
nebraska
I haven't actually seen a mini yet, I do have one on order. I had thought that the only difference in the mini and the regular lava tube was that the mini was 30mm shorter. I appears to me by the battery that its supposed to use, that the circumference is the same. If thats true, you should be able to use the same tanks on the mini that are used on the full lava tube. I have never seen where using a tank would void a warranty. I don't know why it would.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
I haven't actually seen a mini yet, I do have one on order. I had thought that the only difference in the mini and the regular lava tube was that the mini was 30mm shorter. I appears to me by the battery that its supposed to use, that the circumference is the same. If thats true, you should be able to use the same tanks on the mini that are used on the full lava tube. I have never seen where using a tank would void a warranty. I don't know why it would.

The warranty in question was Volcanoecigs. Their general warranty states that using non Volcano branded stuff or modding their products invalidates the warranty. When the Volcano branded Lave Tube was first being released there was significant conversation about it on the Vendors threads which Volcano relented and softened their warranty on the LT. If using a tank and punching your own cartos for said tank could be considered modding and still invalidate said warranty even with it softened up.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I am not sure if I prefer cartomizers or tanks, and I would like to try both.

Cartomizers is what is used in a tank. Unless you are using a CE2 in a tank.

There are also cartomizers that are (made to be) used by themselves and will not fit tanks. But some cartomizers that are meant to be used by themselves can be modded to fit a tank. Usually not the big (fat) carto's though.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Just nit-picking, but a cE2 (E2 or "ceramic top coil") is a cartomizer, just modded for a tank, as is a punched carto. I think the exceptions are the Vision "stone" and the F1 tanks that are manufactured with soldered internals. There may be some other ones out there, but none that I know of.
As the person is very new, they may not know that a cE2 is just a clear cased cartomizer (Ceramic cup, top horizontal coil), Not trying to needlessly correct anyone.

In reality it comes down to this:
How the crap will volcano know? Tell them you only used the recommended ones. It is not like their products aren't rebranded versions that are also sold elsewhere for the most part.

Cartomizers is what is used in a tank. Unless you are using a CE2 in a tank.

There are also cartomizers that are (made to be) used by themselves and will not fit tanks. But some cartomizers that are meant to be used by themselves can be modded to fit a tank. Usually not the big (fat) carto's though.

McAldo

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
London
You guessed well, I had no clue what an ec2 was, thanks for claryfing. But sad society actually gave me the main info I needed, for using a tank you need a cartomizer.
Sorry, I am so new at this.
At the moment I am refilling proprietary cartomizers with a mini kit (E-Lite, a UK brand , I think).
I understood that you can either have separated atomizer and carton, or the two things together in a cartomizer.
So I reasoned that if there is a tank /cartridge there is no need of a carton to hold the liquid, as I read that go systems with tank don't use any foam.
But I understand that's not how it works. I never seen one, otherwise perhaps I would be less confused.

Last edited:

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer, 3.5ml

The link above shows a carto tank. There is a hole in the side of the carto so the tank can feed it juice.

You guessed well, I had no clue what an ec2 was, thanks for claryfing. But sad society actually gave me the main info I needed, for using a tank you need a cartomizer.
Sorry, I am so new at this.
At the moment I am refilling proprietary cartomizers with a mini kit (E-Lite, a UK brand , I think).
I understood that you can either have separated atomizer and carton, or the two things together in a cartomizer.
So I reasoned that if there is a tank /cartridge there is no need of a carton to hold the liquid, as I read that go systems with tank don't use any foam.
But I understand that's not how it works. I never seen one, otherwise perhaps I would be less confused.

teknojack66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
hello all,

Just bought a lavatube from the classifieds here. A couple of questions:

1) would you recommend those new 2000mah AW IMR 18650 for sale at RTDvapor for the LT?
2) any thoughts/experience on whether a 3ml J-Tank would work well on a LT? Have been wanting to try a tank for a while and the J-Tank looks cool.
3) from reading other threads, it seems the consensus is that the Boge 3.0 ohm cartos will get the most out of the higher voltage range of the LT? Agree?

I want to order all this stuff soon, so any opinions would definitely be appreciated

-tek

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
I have been running 3 J tanks with 3 ohm Boges since I got the LT at the end of Nov and they work great. One small issue I have had is that one of them (black delrin) the caps are a fraction of a mm thicker than my other 2 making the over all tank slightly taller causing a stiff draw when tightened all the way down. Easy fix would be to slide the tank up a tad but my big barrel Ming drip tip prevents that so I just unscrew it slightly.

That 2000 mah AW imr will work fine but there have been a few posters who can't screw the bottom cap all the way maybe a 1/2 mm. There is a pic in one of the threads here. The 2000 mah AW imr is just a little bit longer than the 1600 mah one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread