BEHOLD: The absolute perfect tobacco flavoring and nicotine extraction method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the88thcrazy

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Ohio
After a few weeks of experimenting, i have found, what i believe, is quite possibly the best extraction for nicotine and tobacco flavoring. maybe not the most effecient, but it is perfect because it can be done with extremely easy to find products. and the method is relatively simple.

Step 1: Go to your pharmacy, ask if they have propylene glycol. walgreens works fine. should be around 10 dollars for a pint for USP grade. or, if you want a LOT of it, go to a TSC, they sell a gallon of it for 24 dollars. most of you have already done this if you've DIY'd liquid before.

Step 2: Go to...pretty much any gas station. get a product called Camel Snus. it's little packets of tobacco wrapped in paper. should be no more than 5 dollars. i used the mellow flavor, but i'm sure the mentol kind works too.

Step 3: Obtain a 1.5 Oz shotglass (standard size)

Step 4: Obtain either saran wrap, or a ziplock bag. i would reccomend the saran wrap personally.

Step 5: Fill the shotglass with about 1.3 Oz of PG.

Step 6: add 1 packed of snus to the PG. there are 15 packets in a tin, so this can be done multiple times.

Step 7: cover the shotglass with your saran wrap, or put it in a ziplock back. we're just trying to avoid contact with oxygen here. while i don't know if oxygen would actually mess anything up, oxygen likes to mess pretty much all chemicals up, so lets play it safe.

step 8: let the shotglass sit for about 2 hours.

step 9: remove the saran wrap, or take it out of the plastic bag.

step 10: Using a pencil, or anything else long and thin, press down on the packet to get any extra nicotine out while in the shotglass. don't worry about it ripping, those packets are actually pretty tough. i think it's the same stuff they use for teabags.

step 11: take the packet out, bend it in half, then squeeze the packet above the shotglass to get all the extra pg/nicotine out.

step 12: mix around the new solution in the shotglass, then vape it and enjoy!

The results are great. it actually tastes like a real cigarette. i was smoking just the solution alone, and i love it more than any liquid i've had before. it really tastes like tobacco. i mixed some lorann's into it as well, still tasted great.

this method is more for the tobacco flavoring. while it does excrete a little bit of nicotine, it would probably be best to mix your own nicotine solution into it...unless you're looking for an extremely low dose of nicotine.

there you have it folks. 6-12 months worth of smoking for under 20 dollars. (e-cig supplies not included :()

Last edited:

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I did sort of the same thing with Bugler tobacco, and Glycerine+water. I used a spice jar, and filled it 1/4 with glycerine and water....no precise measurements, just mixed it til it looked like the consistency of e-liquid. then jammed in loose tobacco til the it was at the same level as the liquid. Soaked the jar in a pot of hot hot hot water for about 1/2 hour, and left it til the next day. Results....very dark brown liquid, little flavour, but decent nicotine amounts, and lots o' vape! ...I use a clean cigarette filter on the end of a cart filling syringe to draw up the liquid. (it looks illicit, I know, just don't do it at work or in the car :D) and dripped it.

I'll try it again one day with fresh liquid and the tobacco absolute I ordered today and see what happens......like, hit the floor. :p

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
What is described is good, but the nicotine estimate is likely way off. A single Camel snus has about 6mg of nicotine. In the mouth, less than 2mg will be absorbed in an hour. I'm sure the shot glass had more than 1ml of liquid, so there's just no way you got more nic than the snus contained. You likely got less .. much less, since a lot of nic remains in used-up snus portions. Still, if the flavor is good, go for it.

the88thcrazy

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Ohio
What is described is good, but the nicotine estimate is likely way off. A single Camel snus has about 6mg of nicotine. In the mouth, less than 2mg will be absorbed in an hour. I'm sure the shot glass had more than 1ml of liquid, so there's just no way you got more nic than the snus contained. You likely got less .. much less, since a lot of nic remains in used-up snus portions. Still, if the flavor is good, go for it.

Yeah i actually thought about this shortly after i posted it. also, i said one ounce, not ml :p. flavor is really really good though. i enjoy it alot.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Are we entirely sure that PG can leach the nic out of tobacco? I once made a concotion sort of like the above. Dumped RYO tobacco into a 30ml bottle with PG/VG mix and let it sit for 48 hours. Then strained it. Taste was intense, and I got some on my finger ... thought I was about to pass out !!!

But, I do admit ... soaking any tobacco really gives you that tobacco taste!!! :)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
So we're probably actually looking at getting more flavor than nic? Which might still work for me since I now have the 48mg unflavored juice to start with.

So if I add one of those packets to (how many) mls.....I could end up with a good tobacco flavor?

TB, if you experiment with this and your 48mg, let us know how it goes. I do have to cut the 48 a bit but (easily) making my own tobacco flavor would be a plus.

Lu

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
..I'm very curious as to what other chemical additives on the tobacco find its way into the PG during the soak.

You might want to try Swedish snus rather than the american snus, its widely accepted that it is cleaner with less bad stuff in it. It is available in a wide variety of strengths and flavours.

Here is a blatant plug for a retailer, where I get reward points for referral. :D

BuySnus.com 10% discount

Bryn

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
Arkansas, USA
Are we entirely sure that PG can leach the nic out of tobacco? I once made a concotion sort of like the above. Dumped RYO tobacco into a 30ml bottle with PG/VG mix and let it sit for 48 hours. Then strained it. Taste was intense, and I got some on my finger ... thought I was about to pass out !!!

But, I do admit ... soaking any tobacco really gives you that tobacco taste!!! :)

Where do you get tobacco leaf? I hope you manage to make e-liquids for us in USA as well. I'd love a great tobacco taste.

Are storms keeping you up like they are doing to me? Storms after storms! :( I am practically your neighbor me thinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread