Belongs in DIY but can't post there yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmldr

Apr 14, 2009
I have done some investigating about the chemical properties of nicotine. This gets a little technical and so most of you will want to ignore this post. Others have asked questions about it (including me) and could not find the answer on this forum.

PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. I definitely hope that you will if you see some errors.

Theory:
If nicotine's density is 1 gram/ml then this is equal to 1000 mg/ml. The density is actually 1.009 g/ml.

If you had Nicotine, USP then you could create whatever concentration of e-juice that you wanted.

For instance, if you wanted 100 ml of 33 mg/ml solution then the final solution would contain 3300 mg of nicotine or 3.3 grams of nicotine.

Again, if nicotine's density is 1000 mg/ml or 1 gram/ml then you would need 3.3 ml of nicotine in 100 ml of solution.

So, 96.7 ml of Proplylene Glycol with 3.3 ml of Nicotine, USP would give a 33 mg/ml solution.

If you wanted a 16.5 mg solution then you would add 98.35 ml of propylene glycol to 1.65 ml of Nicotine.

Or, if you only wanted 50 ml of the solution. Add 0.825 ml of nicotine, USP to 49.175 ml of Propylene Glycol. You could easily round this off to 50 ml of Propylene glycol to 0.8 ml of nicotine and I doubt that you could tell the difference.

Again, please correct me if I am wrong.
Linda

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Since I am sure you can post anywhere now and get proper replies, I am going to post a little note.
What did you say? That flew right over my head!:)
You seem to be a nice sort of lady, so come down and post in the Women's Room, located in the social forums. Just please speak English!:rolleyes:
I am teasing you, I understood every word you said and the answer is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread