Bench Retest Results: iJoy 25A 1400mAh 20350...still obscenely overrated, no better than 18350’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note the ESTIMATED ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a physically and electrically protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition. Use of any of these batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

C387CE67-7724-46FF-8BB6-C03E794FB060.jpeg 537EE649-557B-4B85-958E-D9A6AC7B6B0B.jpeg 33738E0B-555F-4F2C-BA95-E6DB6D333458.jpeg D8C3DEB8-7331-41E3-9BC9-F0E534F1AE5B.jpeg

Bottom Line
    This is a retest of this iJoy cell and they are still overrated to the point of absurdity. While they performed better than the last time I tested them the iJoy’s perform no better than the Keeppower/Vapcell/YDL 18350’s I recently tested (9A-10A, 1000mAh-1100mAh rated).

To extend cell life, minimize voltage sag, and increase your safety margin, I recommend staying at 7A-9A or under for these iJoy’s. That’s about 20W-27W per cell.

These cells have a VERY thin paper top insulating ring. While paper will not melt if the cell overheats, which is good, I strongly recommend not allowing any eliquid to get on the top of these cells. It could possibly soften the ring and allow it to become damaged easier.

The two cells I tested delivered 1415mAh and 1443mAh. This is decent consistency for a China-manufactured cell. I am rating this cell at 1400mAh. Its very high internal resistance means that it has a huge amount of voltage sag though and it will not run for any longer than the better performing 18350’s.

Like all the small cells I’ve tested the cell-to-cell performance consistency for these iJoys is not good. There’s not a huge difference between cells but you might notice it if you have one of the better ones and one of the worst ones.

Two cells were were purchased by me for the purposes of testing.

Discharge Graphs
    241B300B-CA58-41D6-81FB-0C8269B69B9E.jpeg 8A5BEC02-3485-4A29-A891-D27DA872462F.jpeg

Ratings Graphic
    C7131FE4-8B1A-48A1-9E06-3568CD25ED85.jpeg

Performance Specs
    - DC Internal Resistance = 48.9mOhms (milliohms) average for the two cells.
    - Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 10A continuous = 1.4Wh and 1.7Wh for the two cells.

I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery and charger testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread