The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bench Test Results: Aspire 4300mAh 26650...a great 30A battery but why unrated?

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Mooch, Aug 21, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

Cell photos: https://imgur (dot) com/a/rFuEB
    (Sorry for the split link but direct links to Imgur do not display properly)

Bottom Line
    This a great performing cell, one of the top three 26650’s. It is equal to the Golisi 4300mAh and the iJoy 4200mAh.

For some reason Aspire does not give this cell a rating. Instead, they include an “Aspire Battery Safety Chart” (see below) that you must interpret to figure out how hard you can safely run it. The chart appears to say that this cell is rated at somewhere above 20A continuous.

Going to Aspire’s web site (Aspire 26650 Battery(4300mAh) - Aspire) leads you to a series of discharge graphs that must be reviewed and interpreted if you want to try to figure out this battery’s rating.

While I applaud Aspire’s posting of the discharge graphs, not having a rating on the cell only invites confusion. Expecially if the cell changes hands at some time. Will the original owner always pass on the chart to the new owner? Will vapers actually try to determine how hard they can safely run this cell by studying the discharge graphs? Why not just put an accurate continuous current rating on the wrap?

I am rating this Aspire cell at 30A and 4300mAh. Its maximum vaping amps (MVA) limit is 40A, limited by voltage sag. This seems to match Aspire’s numbers on their 26650 Battery Safety Chart. The Aspire is identical in appearance and essentially identical in performance to the Golisi and iJoy 26650’s and all three appear to rewrap the same cell.

The two cells that were tested were purchased by me for that reason.

Continuous-Current Test Results
    Aspire 26650 4300mAh CC Tests.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    Aspire 26650 4300mAh Pulse Tests.jpg

Aspire 26650 Battery Safety Chart
    https://imgur (dot) com/a/IW0M4
    (Sorry for the split link but direct links to Imgur do not display properly)

Comparison to the iJoy and Golisi 26650
    iJoy vs Golisi vs Aspire 26650 30A Shootout.jpg

Comments
    • At 10A continuous this cell delivered about 4200mAh. This is average performance for a 4300mAh rated cell discharged at 10A so I am rating it at 4300mAh.
    To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

• Like Like x 4