Bench Test Results: Eizfan 30A 4300mAh 20700…obscenely overrated, just a Sanyo NCR20700B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it only says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

Cell photos: https://imgur . com/a/S63Wv
    (Sorry for the split link but direct links to Imgur do not display properly)

Bottom Line
    This Eizfan cell is identical in appearance in performance to the 15A Sanyo NCR20700B.

This cell has a truly ridiculous current rating of 30A and has an overrated capacity rating too. There is no reason to buy this cell if you have access to the Sanyo NCR20700B. I am rating this Eizfan at 15A and 4000mAh.

Two cells were purchased by me for the purposes of testing.

Continuous-Current Test Results
    Eizfan Pink-Black 30A 4300mAh CC Tests.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    No pulse testing was done as this is a Sanyo NCR20700B rewrap.

Comments

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread