Bench Test Results: Golisi 30A 4300mAh 26650...good performer, slightly exaggerated capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note the ESTIMATED ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a physically and electrically protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition. Use of any of these batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

A6991A2C-496E-43C7-B9EB-BDA94DFD7A8C.jpeg A30EE739-85C3-474E-8C78-EFFE5007AFED.jpeg 4666A2FC-5674-4868-8CBA-99E79684C39A.jpeg 4000B475-27D8-4809-82D6-2AA933C12088.jpeg

Bottom Line
    This is a good performing cell that appears to use the same Yong De Li New Energy Company YDL 26650D cell that other companies also wrap. It appears identical to, and performs essentially the same as, the YDL cell.

The capacity for the two Golisi cells I tested was 4194mAh and 4202mAh at 860mA (0.2C) down to 2.5V. This is good consistency for a China manufactured cell and just barely meets the 4200mAh minimum rating that YDL gives their cell. Considering the differences in the equipment used by everyone I am not going to worry about the one cell testing at 4194mAh. These cells do not meet Golisi’s 4300mAh capacity rating though. I am rating this cell at 4200mAh.

The “typical” capacity rating from YDL for this cell is 4300mAh so I guess that is why the rewrappers of this cell use that number but, like we saw with Aspire, that number is too high.

Golisi gives this cell a 40A “max” rating but that results in a lot of voltage sag, increases your risk, and shortens the overall life of the cell. There is also no definition of what “max” is so it is a useless rating. I recommend staying below 30A and I am giving this cell a 30A rating.

Two cells were purchased for testing by me.

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    4C911AC3-A312-4AF5-8FC8-1E443FD84E48.jpeg

Ratings Graphic
    FD8A6EBB-1F97-4C01-A946-390D63BFFBAD.jpeg

Performance Specs
    • DC Internal Resistance = 15.2mOhms*** (milliohms) average for the two cells.
    • Watt-hours (energy) delivered at 10A down to 3.2V = 12.8Wh
    • Watt-hours (energy) delivered at 20A down to 3.2V = 10.2Wh
    • Watt-hours (energy) delivered at 30A down to 3.2V = 6.2Wh
    • 2-sec puff count at 30W = 768
    • 2-sec puff count at 60W = 306
    • 2-sec puff count at 90W = 124
    I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery and charger testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

***I have switched test jigs, resulting in slightly lower IR readings versus my previous setup. Add 1.6mOhms to this IR value in order to compare these cells to others tested previously.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread