Bench Test Results: Golisi 35A 4300mAh 26650...a great 31A battery, close to the iJoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

IMG_0250.jpg
    Cell photos: https://imgur (dot) com/a/wQxJ7
    (Sorry for the split link, ECF doesn't handle direct linking)

Bottom Line
    For the GeekVape Aegis mods that ship with a battery, this is it. This a great performing cell, easily one of the top three 26650’s. It is equal to the Aspire 4300mAh (test results soon) and almost equal to the iJoy 4200mAh. The Golisi is identical in appearance to the Aspire and only the surface finish of the top contact metal differentiates it from the iJoy.

I will be retesting the iJoy again soon to see if these three might all be the same cell.

This cell runs a couple of degrees cooler than the iJoy so it earns a 31A continuous rating versus the 30A rating of the iJoy. You will not notice a difference this small in use though. The iJoys I tested in September, 2016 hit a little bit harder though.

I am rating this Golisi cell at 31A and 4300mAh.
    The two cells that were tested were donated for testing by Geekvape (www.geekvape.com). Thank you!

Continuous-Current Test Results
    Golisi Gold 35A 4300mAh 26650 CC Tests.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    Golisi Gold 35A 4300mAh 26650 Pulse Tests.jpg

Comparison to the iJoy 4200mAh 26650
    Golisi Gold 35A 4300mAh 26650 vs iJoy comparison.jpg

Comments
    • At 0.5A continuous this cell delivered 4323mAh. This is typical performance for a 4300mAh rated cell at 0.5A so I am rating it at 4300mAh.
    • Geekvape paid a fee to be moved to the front of the testing queue, which currently has an 8-10 week backlog. This cannot influence my test results as they pay in advance and I don’t care if any company never donates batteries again. My reputation is a lot more important than any battery donation or payment.
    To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread