The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bench Test Results: Golisi S35 40A 3750mAh 21700…overrated but performs better than the iJoy 21700

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Mooch, Nov 27, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it only says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

Cell photos: https://imgur . com/a/OZdiB
    (Sorry for the split link but direct links to Imgur do not display properly)

Bottom Line
    This Golisi cell performed a lot better than the iJoy 40A 3750mAh 21700, especially at higher current levels, but it is overrated.

I haven’t compared its performance directly against the popular 20700’s and 20650’s but will be doing a shootout with all of them soon. I don’t know which cell Golisi is wrapping for this 21700.

This Golisi is badly overrated at 40A but is a true 30A cell, running just slightly hotter than the average of other cells at their rating. This can be handled by just rating it at 29A but this cell is within the acceptable temperature range for a 30A rating.

The wrap says “IMR 21700” but I’m pretty sure this cell doesn’t use the chemistry associated with the IMR model number prefix.

This cell delivered 3714mAh and 3822mAh in my capacity tests. Since the rating must be lower than what any cell delivers it’s not quite a 3750mAh cell.

I am rating this Golisi S35 at 30A and 3700mAh.

Two cells were donated for the purposes of testing by Golisi (www.golisi.com). Thank you!

Continuous-Current Test Results and Comparison to iJoy 21700
    Golisi S35 40A 3750mAh 21700 Capacity Test.jpg Golisi S35 40A 3750mAh 21700 CC Tests.jpg Golisi S35 40A 3750mAh 21700 CC Tests vs iJoy 21700.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    Golisi S35 40A 3750mAh 21700 PulseTest.jpg Golisi S35 40A 3750mAh 21700 PulseTest ZOOMED.jpg

Comments
    • Golisi paid a fee to be moved to the front of the testing queue, which currently has an 10-12 week backlog. This cannot influence my test results as they pay in advance, have no say about what is in this report, and I don’t care if any company never does this or donates batteries again. My reputation is a lot more important than any battery donation or payment.
    • To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out this link: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Nice one, thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017