Bench Test Results: Samsung 15M 23A 1500mAh 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

IMG_5575.JPG IMG_5576.JPG IMG_5577.JPG IMG_5578.JPG

Bottom Line
    This cell has a 23A continuous rating from Samsung.

While this cell performs better than the HB6 at lower and moderate current levels these two cells are not good choices for that due to their low capacity ratings. Since the HB6 is the better performer at high current levels it is the one I would recommend over the the Samsung 15M. I am rating this Samsung 15M at 23A and 1500mAh.

The two cells that were tested were purchased by me from IMRBatteries.

I am rating this Samsung 15M at 30A and 1500mAh.

Continuous-Current Test Results
    IMG_5582.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    IMG_5584.jpg IMG_5583.jpg

Continuous-Current Test Comparison to LG HB6
    IMG_5581.jpg

Always Remember
    ⁃ There is no 18650 with a factory/manufacturer rating over 30A continuous.
    - There is no 3000mAh 18650 that can have a rating over 20A continuous.
    ⁃ There is no 3100mAh-3600mAh 18650 that can have a rating over 10A continuous.
    ⁃ There is no 18650 available to vapers that has a capacity rating over 3600mAh.

Comments
    • At 10A continuous this cell delivered 1385mAh. This is decent performance for a 1500mAh rated cell so I am rating it at 1500mAh.
    To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread