Bench Test Results: Samsung 22P(M)...a poor choice for vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

Cell photos: https://imgur (com) com/a/YEOGd
    (Sorry for the split link but direct links to Imgur do not display properly)

Bottom Line
    This Samsung cell has a low current rating combined with only moderate capacity. It is a poor choice for vapers as there are much better cells available with more capacity at the same current rating and/or a much higher current rating.

I only tested this cell because it is being used in some fake Samsung 25R cells. The 22P is easily identified by the four equally spaced radial lines in the venting disk (see photo below). The 25R does not have any radial lines on the venting disk.

NOTE: Other Samsung cells might have these radial lines too.

The 22P’s I tested are from the Malaysia factory (“M” on the right end of the first line of printing on the wrap with “SDIEM” below it). I am rating the 22P(M) cell at 14A and 2100mAh.

The two cells that were tested were purchased by me for that reason.

Continuous-Current Test Results
    Samsung 22PM 10A 2050mAh 18650 CC Tests.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    Samsung 22PM 10A 2050mAh 18650 Pulse Tests.jpg Samsung 22PM 10A 2050mAh 18650 Pulse Tests ZOOMED.jpg

Samsung 22P Venting Disk Radial Lines
    IMG_0310.JPG

Comments
    • At 5A continuous this cell delivered about 1978mAh. This is average performance for a 2100mAh low amp-rated cell discharged at 5A so I am rating it at 2100mAh
    To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread