Bench Test Results: Vapcell Black 25A 2800mAh 18650...accurately rated, a Sony VTC5D rewrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note the estimated ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

6A34759D-30B3-4643-88FB-7BA506C1CB67.jpeg EAE00402-0220-4FF4-9AAF-6B242C583D39.jpeg 6582084B-EAA5-43A4-B5FB-4F5894A7739F.jpeg 87E223DE-87B4-4F9F-A2C7-3B1A4CAB0A32.jpeg

Bottom Line
    In my opinion this is a rewrap of the great performing Sony VTC5D, appearing and performing identically to the Sony. It performs slightly better than the VTC5A but not quite as well as the VTC6A.

I am estimating this cell’s ratings to be 25A and 2800mAh.

Two cells were donated for the purposes of testing by Vapcell (https:www.vapcelltech.com).

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    57D447FE-62AB-4ADC-958B-8ADBA6ADC855.jpeg EBF1EB13-6866-4FFF-A6A1-224C354E8D34.jpeg

Ratings Graphic
    A3CAA986-0F3B-471E-A7B4-C84DAD8A177C.jpeg

I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability and testing news and a say in what I test then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Derek Cross

ECF Veteran
    May 16, 2015
    Oh boy! I'm excited but finding it hard to keep up with purchasing of all these great great cells. Thoroughly enjoying my 21700's and new Samsung 20s 18650 cells. What an exciting time for vaping. #Fundthesuit is on my mind as well as the upcoming Mind Your Mech videos.

Thanks for tho test Mooch. It should be a winner! Time to spend more money!

Reactions: Mooch

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
    These tests below only note the estimated ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

View attachment 744605 View attachment 744607 View attachment 744609 View attachment 744611

Bottom Line
    In my opinion this is a rewrap of the great performing Sony VTC5D, appearing and performing identically to the Sony. It performs slightly better than the VTC5A but not quite as well as the VTC6A.

I am estimating this cell’s ratings to be 25A and 2800mAh.

Two cells were donated for the purposes of testing by Vapcell (https:www.vapcelltech.com).

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    View attachment 744613 View attachment 744615

Ratings Graphic
    View attachment 744617

I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability and testing news and a say in what I test then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Mooch, Do These cells still have the Sony ID number stamped on the cell underneath the wrap, that says 'VTC5D' at the end, just like previous sony cells, such as the VTC6 and VTC5A?

I ask because I have a few of these Vapcell rewraps and I like rewrapping my cells with clear wraps, but if i have to put a sticker underneath the wrap to identify them, I won't bother because it doesn't look as clean.

Thanks! :)

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Mooch, Do These cells still have the Sony ID number stamped on the cell underneath the wrap, that says 'VTC5D' at the end, just like previous sony cells, such as the VTC6 and VTC5A?

I ask because I have a few of these Vapcell rewraps and I like rewrapping my cells with clear wraps, but if i have to put a sticker underneath the wrap to identify them, I won't bother because it doesn't look as clean.

Thanks! :)

TBH, I don’t remember if they left the Sony printing on or not.

Reactions: Wiamiere
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread